Chapter 6

Alec looked around the core hub but immediately realised he had no idea exactly where to go, the entire area was foreign to him, the labyrinth of intersecting management rails like a massive guessing game he had no idea how to play.

"Uhm, you ok there? You look a bit confused"
A masculine baritone voice sounded out beside Alec, causing him to spin to face the owner of said voice.

The owner had a sand brown outer chassis with a violet optic with a slit pupil.

"Uh, yeah... I just recently reactivated after... I don'r know how long really and this place is entirely new to me"
Alec stated embarrassedly.

"Oh, that explains the fish out of water look you had going on, do you have a room?"
The core asked.

"Room? Is that what the cores live in around here?"
Alec asked curiously, his optic tilting slightly to the right.

"Wow, you really don't know anything, alright, I'll teach you the basics, basically rooms are what a core lives in, even if you've been deactivated since GlaDOS died you have a room, your room is accessed by your serial number"
The core explained.

"Thanks, uh, could you show me where I can get to my room?"
Alec asked.

"Yeah, sure, the name's rusty by the way"
Rusty introduced.

"Alec"
Alec responded.

It took little over 12 minutes for the duo to reach what appeared to be some sort of elevator room, there were about 1000 elevators each with a management rail leading into them.

"Here we are, just go into one of the elevators and it'll read your serial number, after that it'll move you to your room"
Rusty explained.

"Thanks Rusty, I appreciate the help"
Alec thanked with a grateful tone of voice.

"Ah it's nothing, if you ever need anything head over to a bar called the golden dunes, I usually hang out there"
Rusty spoke before leaving.

Alec then went into one of the elevators and after a few seconds it started moving, and after about 5 minutes it came to a stop before a hexagonal door which then opened to reveal a room that was bare bar from a pedestal of sorts.

Alec entered the room and when he found himself above the pedestal it extended upwards and connected to his outer chassis, he was then disconnected from the rail and was held by the pedestal.

The pedestal then lowered and Alec then felt his optics system shut down, soon after he found himself within a virtual environment.

"Caroline, what is this place?"
Alec asked, looking around.

"This area is known as an Aperture Science Personal Virtual Space, otherwise known as ASPVS, it is similar to a phenomenon that occurs within humans called lucid dreaming."
Caroline answered.

"So I'm guessing that pedestal was a sleeping apparatus of some sort?"
Alec asked.

"Affirmative, that pedestal is a tool used to allow cores to enter their ASPVS to pass time"
Caroline answered.

"Huh, I suppose I'll spend some time in here then"
Alec spoke, thinking of what to do in the space.

—————Meanwhile, In an unknown location——————

"... Yeah, had this fish outta water look on him, looks to be easy pickings, just woke up recently too, so no-one will be looking for him if he goes missing"
A voice spoke from the shadows.

"Good, we'll get a pretty penny from taking him apart and selling his parts"
A feminine alto voice spoke from a screen that had nothing but an aquamarine symbol on it depicting a broken core.

Word count: 592

Attention!

Hello sarcasm corps, and welcome to the end of this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it.

Also apologies for the short chapter, online classes have me kind of burnt out

As always constructive criticism is welcomed.

At ease