Chapter 3

"Okay class, grab a partner." I look up from my near-sleep daze. Everyone is in a frenzy as they partner up.I'll probably just partner up with some nerd who wants to do all the work like usual. But my usual nerds aren't here.

The loners like me are left, and just as I'm about to ask a girl to be my partner a boy locks arms with me. I hope to high hell it isn't him. When I turn I see it is almost just as bad.

His eyes aren't as stone as the boy i hoped i wouldn't see. The boy that shouldn't be spoken of is Matthew so i don't have to beat around the bush anymore. This guy standing next to me is Lucas.

Matthew and Lucas, what a pair. Why the hell would he partner with me is unknown. "Hey Valery" he says. "Don't talk to me." I say sternly not looking at him. "Lets just do this stupid fucking project shit and get it over with." I say partially to myself.

Everyone scurries to their seats with their partner sitting next to them. Lucas sits in the desk closest to mine. The seat i sit in is designated for only me and the desks next to me began to push away. My dirty old converse doing this.

He doesn't bother to sit closer, good choice my old friend. My focus closes in and out of class. I think we have to do a science project of some type. Makes sense since this is science class. At the end of class we have ten minutes to "brainstorm with our partners."

I can't believe this kid linked arms with me after what he did. Some nerve he has. I feel my anger bubbling to the surface remembering what he did. I never talked to him after that and I realize that I shouldn't even be here next to him. Just as I think about booking it and running out Lucas looks over to me thoughtfully, "So what project do you want to do?"

"Uh I don't know you could choose." I don't look at the charming smile I know he has plastered on his face. "How about we both look up an idea and see which one we like better?" "Whatever" I say dismissing him as the bell rings. I get up and try to walk away before he can say something else, but fail.

He grabs my arm lightly. "Hey why don't I come over?" I pause. Wait a minute why am i even considering it? "Listen alright i don't know your motive here, but don't think I'll forgive you so easily. You are not coming over and you aren't going to come near me anymore. Got it?" He laughs lightly. "Still the same Valerie." He says. "See you around" and he leaves.

Last time I talked to him I had him wrapped around my little finger, but I should have known he isn't phased by my intimidation, he never really was.

While walking home I see none other than Maddison. She doesn't spot me so I try to hide behind a tree. I realize I must look really stupid because this tree can fit a bikini three sizes smaller than me.

I keep walking hoping she won't see me, but I know better. There is nothing else to see. But weirdly she keeps walking on the other side of the street. He gaze is set down and she doesn't look cheery. She doesn't look right.

Just then as I wonder what is wrong she collapses onto the floor into a heap of flesh and bones.

<><><><><><><><><>
Hey guys! I am back with hopefully a way better story! A heads-up: my chapters are super short and I'm sorry about that! The reason is that i want all of them to hang on cliffhangers or something of the sort.I update maybe once or twice(if your lucky) a week. I hope you enjoy my story! I promise i won't stop writing until it's finished |<3|