11

omniscent

"I'm tired of this dude" Davine sighed FaceTiming her co-star Joe Keery.

"Your ex?"

"Yes man, I think he wants me back but honestly he did too much to me" Davine told him honestly.

"Then don't, aren't you happy with Roman?"

"Of course, but when your twin brother and your family adores this kid and keep inviting him over to your house, it gets tiring for you. They don't even care about how I feel about him being there while I'm in the house"

At this point, Davine was just rambling and venting to Joe.

"I get it, you want to feel heard in your home."

"Exactly, it's just so damn hard"

"Why don't you move out then?"

"I cant, not until I'm 18 and that isn't until a good 5 months, unless my parents get rid of me legally, I can't buy a home or anything like that"

Joe laughed "I forgot you're 17, damn I haven't been 17 In a good 7 years man"

The 24 year old didn't know why he was involved in the 17 year olds mess but he didn't mind it.

"I'll call you back, I need to finish my Cobra Kai reruns"

He smiled and hang up the phone, she enjoyed having someone.

She couldn't always rely to her boyfriend and she didn't want to worry him either.

She just didn't want any to worry about her period.

She decided she would visit her yaya which she hasn't seen in almost 3 years, since she's been busy.

She would tell her parents but she didn't think they'd care much.

She packed a bag and called her grandma.

"hi yaya"

"Davine baby how are you?" Davine smiled after hearing her granny's voice.

"I'm doing good yaya, I was wondering if I could come over and sleep at your house?"

"Of course baby, you know I would always welcome you. No need to call just to ask that."

Davine would be lying if she said that her yaya wasn't her friend best friend.

Usually it would maybe be the sibling you're closest to, or your parents but for Davine it was really her grandma.

The only sibling she was ever "close" to when she was growing up was Bronny, Aaliyah and Janiyah would always bitch about her and be mean to her so Davine stopped worrying about her.

When she started dating Mikey, she would sometimes hang out with him and his friends, Kailen was her favourite out of all of them.

She would tell you that he was the sweetest you, although she never realized how he would look at her, or how he was really only sweet to her.

Jalen and Zaire did, they were basically her older brothers.

Especially Zaire since his dad and hers were close when they were in Miami together.

Jalen had earned the status as an older brother to Davine when she was in 3rd grade and he was in 5th, and someone was doing some grimy shit to her so he stood up to her.

They'd been glue ever since, but all of those ties she had, the ones with Dior, her bestfriend since 1st grade, or KJ, when she helped him when he first moved to LA, and needed help around the school in 8th grade.

Shit even De'arra, which she knows she had only met her a couple months before the whole things arrived but she really thought they'd be good friends, Monroe too, except Monroe was there since 9th grade.

All those bonds ruined because her ex bestfriend and ex boyfriend were selfish and couldn't admit that they did her wrong.

In fact, Davine wasn't even going to go on the internet and tell the whole world what they did to her, because she cared about them so much.

She knew Mikey had a career ahead of him and anything could've destroyed it, but they never even blinked an eye for Davine.

They didn't give a fuck.

And the one that hurt her the most was Bronny.

They always told each other, no matter how much they loved or cared about that person, they would always choose each other first, wrong or right, because yes they were siblings, but they were bestfriends as well.

She thought that their bonds as twins was stronger than their bond as teammates.

She was wrong, and now she has her walls up, she vowed, secretly to herself without even knowing, that she would protect herself before anything bad happens.

Which is probably why, whenever she sees Roman, her heart breaks just a little knowing that her time with him won't be enough.

Because for Davine Riley James, nothing in her life actually stays long enough to be permanent except pain, suffering, and anger.

A/N: starting to hate this book actually

filler