Stolen Glances and Clandestine Touches.

It's been a month, and Lucas hasn't been home yet. His boss extended their stay as they needed to discuss more their investments. The young architect was glad because she knew she wouldn't want to end her daily meetings with Katie even though she would constantly be reminded that she would be marrying someone else and not her best friend.

Y/n would always video chat with him every night, updating him about the wedding plans. Lucas was kind enough to agree with every decision she's made for the wedding, considering that she has to deal with everything while he's in another country doing business. He wasn't keen on most of her decisions. Still, he knew this was the only way he could make it up to her right now... besides, he can make some few minutes arrangements, he thought to himself whenever the girl shows what she has for their wedding.

She has just finished talking to Lucas as she plops down on her couch to dial Katie's number this time. They have been closer than ever, and both of them knew deep in their hearts that they were utterly in love with each other... so in love that some would assume that they're a couple when they walk down the street together, they just don't want to admit it too scared of the consequences.

As usual, Katie picks up the phone quite fast as if she's always waiting for her love to call.

"Ready for our schedule tomorrow?" Katie asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I'm quite nervous. But yeah, I am as long as you're with me." The younger girl said, smiling.

"You don't need to be nervous, darling. You're already perfect." Y/n blushed at Katie's comment, also rendering you speechless.

Katie could sense what was happening, so she tried to divert her attention to other things.

"There are two items left in our checklist. Ready for this whole wedding planning to end?" The green-eyed lady asked.

"Well... yes and no." the architect immediately answered.

"Oh, please do enlighten me." Katie was curious about what the young girl has to say. She may have a slight hint, but of course, she wanted it to come out from her best friend.

"Yes, because I wanted for this planning to be over... let's face it, I was not ready for all this bullcrap anyway, and then Lucas expected to plan everything, thankfully you're always here to help me." She paused as she tried to calm herself from the frustration of planning a wedding and getting married.

Katie stayed silent, urging y/n to continue.

"No... because frankly, I don't want to stop planning with you. I know I've said that I can't wait for it to end, and I probably sounded like a frustrated girl, but planning the wedding with you, made... you made me sane. I can be whoever I want to be, you support me in every decision, and you help me pick out the best things. When I thought about planning with Lucas, all I could think about was how I wanted it to end even though we haven't started yet, he has a particular taste, and with him planning alongside me, I wouldn't be able to make those decisions that I've had when I'm with you."

Katie knew... she was right. Neither one of them wanted to be apart from each other, but one question was etched into her brain.

Speaking up, she asked the young girl.

"If you're not ready to get married, then why did you say yes when he proposed?" Katie asked softly as she knew this would be a sensitive subject to discuss.

The young girl knew her answer, and she knew that no matter what, Katie would never judge her; thus, she answered truthfully.

"Because people expected me to marry him, my parents, his parents, our common friends, and acquaintances... he was with me most of my adult life and when he proposed in front of all our family and friends... I couldn't refuse. I do not have the heart to taint his reputation for being the man no one can say no to. I wanted to get married, I really do, but..." y/n stopped thinking if she wanted to tell Katie the whole truth.