i. a very saint-less summer

"Why is your friend in the fireplace?"

I looked up from my book, Noah stood in the doorway with a pout on his face. I ignored him, waving over his shoulder at Lee who Floo in last night.

"Who?"

"Saint, she's just standing in the fireplace," Noah shrugged, looking over his shoulder at his boyfriend who was just as confused as he was.

"Hannah!" I heard Sage yell from downstairs, a small smile coming to my face at how close everyone had grown.

"She'd probably looking for Ced," I stood from my bed, trying to hide my excitement at seeing Hannah for the first time this summer but it was hard.

"Tell her he's at home," Noah waved off, going back downstairs for Godric knew what. Lee waited beside the door for me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder once I stepped from my room. I smiled up at him, both of us making our way down the wide staircase of the Greyheart resident.

"Ready for the World Cup?"

I had almost forgotten about the ticket Mr. Diggory managed to score for my family and his own, his way of saying thank you while he went to the state. It was also nice for the two men to escape, as Ced's mother didn't make it in the states with the treatment. Both had been wrecked for weeks once he returned but they were slowly falling back in a nice pattern and had accepted she was in a better place, no longer in pain. It was still a soft spot but they were learning to leave with it, as they always did.

"Look who it is!"

Once Lee and I made it to the living room we spotted Hannah standing in front of the fireplace, Sage practically hanging of Hannah as she hugged her tightly.

"Your worst nightmare," Hannah smiled brightly, Sage finally letting go of her.

I didn't waste time, slipping from under Lee's arm to running into Hannah's open arms. I felt her arms wrap around my neck, each of us holding the other tight to our chest as we celebrated being together. It had been a long summer of letters, Hannah was traveling with Ms. White, Hermione had visited a few times as we spent days giggling and talking about house elves, something my family finally stopped participating in. I had seen the Weasleys most of the summer, Charlie even visited for a weekend so I saw him. Ginny was always in the garden with Sage, the twins somewhere in the house with Lee and Noah. Ron became Hermione and I's taste tester for the sweets we started baking. I had a few letters from Harry, but nothing detailed. I even received a letter from Lavender, a few from Wyatt, and one that didn't have a name but mentioned Oden.

I pulled from Hannah, smiling as I took her in. Her hair was longer and straighter, her blue eyes seemed brighter against her soft skin.

"I've missed you, Saint," I pulled her in for another hug, earning a laugh from Noah behind me.

"As I have you."

We finally untangled from one another, looking at the couch that had Lee's head laying on Noah's lap, the two in a deep conversation. Sage sat on the loveseat, her excitement running off her as she smiled up at Hannah and me.

"Are you staying with us?" Sage asked a hopeful smile painted across her lips. I looked behind Hannah, spotting the bag that still sat in our fireplace.

"I'm not sure, Del handed me this and told me to come here," Hannah reached in her faded red leather jacket, pulling out an envelope with a fancy seal. I remember the seal from the birth certificate Hannah had gotten from her parents. I pulled it from her finger, opening the seal to see a ticket sitting in the bottom. I smiled, pulling it out and flashing it to the other members in the room.

"Is that a concert ticket?"

"Better, a ticket to the Quidditch World Cup," Noah commented, her finger twirling around the chain that hung around Lee's neck as he smiled at me.

"That's not better," Hannah frowned, turning to look at my bright smile.

"Well, you get to see everyone so," at that Hannah's smile grew larger.

"Everyone?"

"Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny," I listed off the names, taking the ticket, and placed them in the small bowl in the center of our coffee table with our tickets.

"Oh yeah!" Hannah held her fist in the air over her head, doing a small little happy dance at the mention of her makeshift family.

"We're leaving for the Burrow early in the morning," I commented offhandedly, smiling Noah stood up to grab the bag from the fireplace.

"I need to get Ginny's jumper," Sage jumped up, panic in her face as she ran up the stairs to grab the jumper Ginny had left at our house a few weeks ago.

"I think the summers get better and better around here," Hannah took Sage's seat on the loveseat, grabbing my hand to sit beside her.

"It would be better if we could see everyone," I frown a little with my words, missing a single person more as I hadn't seen him since the day on the train.

"Are we talking about Mr. Potter?"

I nodded, playing with my finger silently as I thought over some of Ron's words about how he wouldn't forget us, but I couldn't help but overthink everything.

"Ah Mr. Doe-eyes, I've missed him," Hannah laid back, smirking at me with a glitter in her eye. She looked so much like her mother at that moment, the little smirk and the way her blonde hair fell over her shoulder like a halo over an angel's head.

"He doesn't have doe-eyes!" I laughed at the new nickname Hannah and formed, thinking of the green eyes that question. The way the light would catch them or how large they looked in his thin-framed glasses.

"He does!"

Hannah and I continued catching up, making jokes, and sharing secrets as we always did.

"Did you learn anything new? Is Ron secretly Voldemort or something?" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and biting down on my bottom lips. I heard my parents enter the house but said nothing, simply sending a wave over my shoulder at them.

"Nope, it's been dull this summer in that department," I thought over the hours of research, nothing coming up. I almost asked my parents about Dumbledore but never got the time as they were busy often with the Ministry, which I understood.

They were still looking for a mass murderer in their minds.

"What about what happened at the willow?" Hannah laid back on the armrest of the loveseat, looking over my face but I had nothing. I had nothing at all, just hope I would figure it out soon.

"I wish."

Hannah nodded, dropping the topic, and telling a story about the cute boys she saw in Greece with her mother and all the places they visited. It was nice hearing her laugh again, I had really missed her.

I was even more excited to have the "Death Squad", as Noah had named us, back together.

abby talks:

GIF FOUND: teenagestars on tumblr

YEAR 4 EVERYONE

i'm so ready for yall to read this year (the ideas i have are going to make yall love and hate me at the same time)