[2] I Hate You

Double update!

Double update!

🚨Intense Chapter Ahead 🚨

Reader POV

The day of the magic knights exam, my father died.

The family's curse acted upon him exactly as he turned 35 years old.

His mouth was filled with bloody rose petals and his hands holding red roses.

I leaned against the bed on my knees.

No one knew exactly when the (l/n) Curse came to be, but we did know it had something to do with one of our ancestors falling in love with the witch queen and he died at age 35.

They had already had a son who looked just like his father.

Overcome with grief, she cursed our family and closed off the witches forest to outsiders.

She banished him from her home at a young age, not bearing to look at him.

It must've been 200 years ago.

I stared at the dead body of my father, tears in my eyes that dripped down and stained the bed.

"Don't be scared sweetheart," my father's ghost said to me with a soft smile as he knelt beside the bed. "I'm right here."

"I know, but you're dead. I can't bring you back."

He nodded with sadness, my mother kneeling beside him as well as our ancestors.

I could see some, but the older they were, the more faint they were.

I lifted my head and gently took off the brooch my father wore, making a necklace out of it.

I left the room and called for the servants to take his dead body away.

I closed the curtains that he had open, wanting to see the sun one last time.

People at the funeral hours later all whispered and some offered their condolences, but it was all hazy to me.

He was buried with his favorite sword in his coffin and his arms in a cross position with a rosary in his hands.

I sat there with a frown on my face, unable to make any other emotions as people talked to me, speaking of how much of a wonderful man he was.

"I apologize for your father's passing," Solid Silva said to quietly.

I only leaned into his arms, allowing him to hug me.

He looked around for my fiancé as Langris could be possessive, but he was still talking with one of the servants.

Solid was actually going to be my betrothed at first until his mother decided that he should make his own choices and not pressure him to be already engaged.