[3] Solitude

🚨SEMI-INTENSE CHAPTER AHEAD🚨

Reader POV

It was not even a week later that all the things in House (l/n) were brought to me and I made them smaller, bringing them into my Shadow Domain exactly the way I remembered, making the house entirely out of shadow creation magic.

I sat down at the piano, sighing with defeat.

"Father, why did you arrange this marriage?" I hung my head low, refusing to cry even though the urge was strong.

My father and mother hadn't been around since I blocked them off, not wanting to speak to them.

I exited my domain and found myself back at the Golden Dawn in my room.

I suppose I should just get used to seeing this room more.

I saw the cracked mirror, staring at my reflection.

Is this what my life is now?

To escape reality and head into the shadows where I feel welcomed by the untamed spirits?

I didn't know what it was, but one thing was for certain: I would absolutely refuse to marry Langris Vaude.

True we may have been somewhat close when we were children, but that was long ago.

I stood up from my bed, going back to stitching the lower right back of my black cape with the crest of House (l/n) in silver thread.

The crown of thorns with a single rose petal.

I finished quickly and put on my cape, deciding to head to the southern regions of the poor districts in the kingdom.

With that in mind, I went to the captain's office and saw Langris exiting said office, talking to the captain.

"Ah, (l/n)!" Captain Vangeance gave me a warm smile. "How are you?"

"Fine. May I take the job to the southern regions of Findo?"

"Of course. In fact...Langris. Go with her and show her the ropes since it's her first mission."

My blood went cold and I looked over at him with fright. "Captain, please-"

"I'd be more than happy to. And we can get closer."

The captain sensed something was wrong. "(l/n)? Are you alright?"

I shook my head. "Captain, may I please go solo on this mission?"

"I would allow you to, but unfortunately the other members who are your senpais are on missions. I'm afraid he's the only option. I would take you there myself, but the papers won't file themselves."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright. Sorry to bother you."

"It is not an issue." He nodded to Langris. "Go easy on her, Langris. Now, get to it."