[5] Yuno

Reader POV (2 years later)

My eyes widened as I watched the mage with wind magic attack the Diamond mages in the dungeon.

His name was Yuno, one of the newbies of the squad and in our quartet that consisted of me, Klaus, Mimosa Vermillion, and of course Yuno.

Needless to say, we were one of the more respected teams as we really meant business.

"Wow..." I breathed as my hands had armor made entirely of shadow grew darker as I moved around, eager to see what he could do. "For someone from the boonies, you can really kick ass! Good for you, Yuno!"

Yuno smirked at Klaus who scoffed and continued to fight, Mimosa healing Asta.

"Watch me," Yuno said to Klaus. "I'll be the one to take her hand."

I snickered a bit, feeling Klaus' rage. "Don't worry, you don't stand a chance. Sorry boys, but I'm not on the market."

"Who would want to be on Isabella's Meat Market?" I heard Noelle say. *Ahem, akaashiforpresident *
What in The Promised Neverland...?

The battle was done quickly and we rode home on Klaus's steel chariot, laughing about what just happened.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you have impressed me, peasant." Klaus adjusted his red glasses, giving Yuno an eyeful. "Maybe you will become the wizard king one day."

I looked at Yuno who was looking up at the sky, his jawline outlined perfectly.

Damn. I could probably slice frozen ham with his jawline.

I shook my head with amusement and finished writing my notes down, giving them to Mimosa to add her own comments. "This will not be forgotten, Yuno. You're not a bad fighter."

When we told the captain what happened and the spirit Yuno found and formed a bond with, his jaw dropped.

"Yes you have beautiful mana, but to have one of the four great element spirits serving you! What an honor!"

"Yeah! And he even got (y/n) to smile!"

"Wow...only one person has gotten her to smile and that's Klaus."

Langris who was in the room scoffed and I glared at him, only just noticing him now.

That's how irrelevant he was to me

"What the hell is he doing in here?" I spat.

"I came to talk to you, but I can see you're busy."

"I have nothing to say to you." I grabbed Klaus's hand and stormed out, my good mood shattered.

No one knew we were engaged, even still.

I was now 17, almost 18.

And Langris was almost 21, when we would get married.