[4] Steel Saviour

Reader POV

Reader POV

I dropped the files off at Nozel's office, not wanting to speak to anyone right now.

Solid saw me and ran up to me. "Oi! (y/n)!"

I jumped at his voice and turned around. "Yes, Solid?"

"How are you? I miss you."

"I'm fine."

He frowned and saw that I was stiffer than usual. "Well that's a lie. Now come on, tell me what's wrong."

I looked up at him with a frown. "Don't you have Noelle to harass?"

"Huh?"

"Solid, why should you be concerned about me when you bully and abuse Noelle? Then you have the audacity to not know what I'm saying. You make me sick."

His soft gaze hardened. "Well that's none of your business. It's not my fault she's the cause of my mother's death-"

I grabbed his collar and dragged him down to my height, glaring daggers at me. "Silva, until you apologize to her, we're nothing. People like you and Vaude make me disgusted."

He was about to speak when I slipped through the shadows, not wanting to talk to him.

I ended up going back to Tota, wanting to see the church that Finral had told me was now built in record time.

True to his word, I indeed saw the family grave that Langris had told me about.

I placed white roses on my parent's graves, sighing with defeat.

Even looking at royals and nobles makes me sick.

Yet I couldn't hold a grudge against them as I was also nobility.

But unlike most noble houses, my family always was on the kinder spectrum, causing us to be the outcasts.

My father had hopes that in me marrying into the Vaude family, I would be able to turn the clock and reverse what was wrong, but I doubted it.

He won't even listen to me and I hate him.

I heard crunching sounds and looked up to see Langris himself staring at me with a bored expression.

"What are you doing here and not back at the Golden Dawn? And what's your business with that Lunettes guy? He was asking for you at breakfast."

I turned and looked at my (unfortunately) betrothed. "Why does it matter? I could ask you where that girl is."

He smirked at me. "Why, are you jealous?"

I nodded, much to his surprise. "Very. She gets to walk free while I'm bound to you because of a foolish mistake our parents made."