Beauty from Pain

Chapter 1

"Why are you here?" Harry asks.

When I looked up, I noticed that we were the only people in the waiting room. I glance at the clock. It's 1 a.m. Holy crap! I've been down here crying for 5 hours! I thought it had only been a few minutes.

"Why do you care?" I ask Harry

"Just trying to make conversation," he responded looking around the empty room.

I sigh. "My sister had a brain tumor and-" I pause before saying it, "she died tonight."

Harry just looked at me. "What about you?" I asked.

He takes a slow, deep breath. "My friend," he says in a shaky voice, "was killed in a car accident.

"I'm sorr-" I try to say but he cuts me off.

"I was driving."

Tears streamed down his face. He was like a helpless puppy. I inched closer to him and wrapped my arms around his shaking shoulders. He hugged me back and we both started crying.

We stayed like that, holding each other for a long time before I mumbled into his shoulder, "Anna, my sister, she was a huge fan."

He looked up at me. "Thanks," he said with a half-attempt at a smile. "What's your name?"

"Kate," I said.

"Could we meet for coffee tomorrow?" He asked. "I could really use someone to talk to right now."

"Sure," I replied. We exchanged phone numbers and then he left. My mom eventually came and dragged me home. I felt bad admitting it, but I was sort of excited for tomorrow. Harry is obviously good looking, and he reminds me of Anna.

I took a shower and finally went to bed, although I couldn't fall asleep knowing she was gone