Beauty From Pain

*Harry's POV*

It's the day of Anna's funeral and I am dreading what's about to happen.

I don't want to see Kate crying again. I don't want to be stuck in a room of sad strangers. I don't want to see a casket. I don't want the casket to be carried out and stuck in the ground, because then it's really over.

But most of all I don't want to be reminded of Nick. His parents asked me not to come to his funeral. I still feel so guilty about what happened but I've kept it inside. I don't want anyone to see how I really feel.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy from not sleeping, but other than that I looked presentable enough for the situation. I picked up my phone and texted Kate to see how she was doing.

*Kate's POV*

Message received: 11:27

From: Harry

You ok?

I read the text and typed back "kind of".

"Come on Kate," my mom called up to me.

I walked downstairs and nearly broke down at the sight of my mother. She was dressed in a long black dress with a black sweater that hung off her skinny frame. She hasn't eaten in a few days. Her hair was wiry and unbrushed, and her face was sunken. She had deep lines around her eyes that had not been there a few weeks ago.

I hugged my mom and helped her out to the car. She didn't say anything as I drove to the funeral home we walked inside and into the room where the visitation was starting soon.

"Oh my poor baby," she said in tears, stroking Anna's lifeless face. I walked over and took one of Anna's hands in mine. She was so different like this. Her usually rosy face was grey and her hand was limp and cold. The site made me sick to my stomach.

I ran out of the room crying, heading for the bathroom. A hand grabbed my arm and pulled me into a protective hug. I recognized Harry's familiar scent. I didn't even make an effort holding back my tears.

*Harry's POV*

I saw Kate run out of the visitation room in tears. I grabbed her arm and pulled her in tight. I was glad I found her because I was about to break into tears myself. For some reason she makes me feel better, stronger.

We sat in the waiting room alone for a while until the funeral began. Kate told me I could pick any song I wanted, so I picked How by Regina Spektor. (A/N play the song for the full effect!) The pianist started the first few chords and then I began to sing.

How, can I forget your love

How can I never see you again?

How can I ever know

Why some stay others go?

But I don't, ooh

I don't want you

To go.

Everyone in the funeral home was crying now. I made eye contact with Kate and I didn't break it. Not only was I singing this song to Anna, but I was singing it to Nick, to Kate, and to myself hoping to calm myself down.

*Kate's POV*

I looked into Harry's deep green orbs the whole time he was singing. It felt like he was singing just to me. The words were perfect. It was like he was saying all the words I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but couldn't.

Time will come and take away the pain

I just want my memories to remain

To hear your voice, to see your face

There's not one moment I'd erase

The tears were flowing freely down my pale face now. Harry's own eyes were filled with tears as well. His voice was quiet and raw as he sang the last few notes.

How can I forget your love

How can I never see you again?

After the song was finished, the entire room fell into an eerie silence. It was another perfect performance. I looked at Harry's face as he walked back to his seat and I started to realize that I was falling in love. I barely knew him, but I could see how much care there was in his eyes. Everything about him was perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! 1000 reads yay!

This chapter is dedicated to @obrien__styles because I love her stories and I literally fangirl everytime she comments on my story :)

I hope you liked this chapter because this is my favorite one so far.

Please please please comment, read, fan, vote and share! It really means a lot