not a date

A week later

"And for the young lady?" The brunette waitress asked, holding a pen and paper in her hands

"And for the young lady?" The brunette waitress asked, holding a pen and paper in her hands. "Can I please have the number 36 with a side of fries"

She nodded before grabbing our menus and walking off.

"I thought you hated fries" Vinnie asked.

"I used to. But Louis made me love them!!"

"Oh..Louis" Vinnie mumbled.

So Vinnie asked to go out on a fancy restaurant. He told me to dress nice but he said 'it's not a date' uh yeah okay buddy-

"So you guys are close" Vinnie continued.

"What?"

"You and Louis. You guys are in like the talking stage right?"

"NO" I raised my voice. Damn, didn't mean to be that loud. "uhh okay" he said.

"Here are your drinks" The same waitress as before said. "T-thank you" I stuttered hoping she didn't hear me. "Mhm! And your food will be here in just a minute"

I sighed and look back at Vinnie who was on his phone. Ugh this bitch. I'm probably gonna be the one paying for this. I'm not letting him waste it on his fucking phone.

I snatched it from his hands and placed it in my bag. "The fuck-"

"You're not supposed to be on the phone during a date"

"A date? This is a date?"

"No shit Vinnie. You brought me to a fancy restaurant and told me to wear a fancy dress. How is that not a date?"

"It's just- I thought you liked Louis so I didn't want to call it a date" he scratched the back of his neck.

"Me? Like Louis? Bye- you're so funny" I laughed and laughed and continued laughing. Wtf why am I so awkward. Stop laughing y/n.

"Anyways...you look amazing in that dress by the way" he pointed to the light pink dress I was wearing. It's my aunts that I stoled last night. "Oh thank you" I blushed. Girl- why the hell am I blushing.

"Here is your foood" the waitress arrived with two meals in a large tray. "Thank you" me and Vinnie said. I started digging in quickly after without realizing Vinnie was right in front of me.

"So you were hungry hungry" Vinnie laughs. "Yeah the only food I have at home is soggy cereal and ketchup"

__________

After finishing up our food, and yes I ended up paying all of it but it's whatever, we walked outside. Vinnie's car was parked far away from the restaurant and it was a little chilly so Vinnie offered me his sweater. I kindly accepted it and put it on. The scent immediately entered my nose and I ended up sniffing the sweater, quite obviously actually.