The Kiss

Mateo

"I can taste wine on your lips, are you drunk?" I asks her once I pull back from our kiss.

"Yeah, well a little" she said while panting.

"I thought you don't drink" I hold her tighter.

"I think today is a lot of first experiences for me" she said shyly. 

She is so cute when she is shy. Does that mean, I am her first kiss?

"Am I your first kiss, angel?" I asks as I wiped her lower lip smudged lipstick stain.

She blushes and nods her head. I grabbed her hand and walks out of the dance floor to have a seat at the table.

"Do you regret kissing me, angel?"

"Regret? Do you regret kissing me?" she  frown.

"No, that was the best kiss I ever had in my life. But I don't want you to rush into things and if you think that was a mistake...."

"No Teo, I am never regretting about this kiss. I told you that I am an adult and I can make my own decisions" 

"I don't know, being around you drives me nuts and not being around you also drives me nuts angel" I cupped her cheek, "the past one month I was waiting for the perfect opportunity but I am not sure if this was it" I chuckles and shrugged.

"It is" she blushed.

"What about my age, I mean I am not much older than you but it is quite a gap. Are you okay with it, angel? I just want to be more sure about it to move forward with you" I shrugged because I really want to know does anything about me bother her.

"I am perfectly alright Teo, our age is not a deal breaker. I like you and I guess you do like me more than a friend, yes?" she played with my fingers while holding my hand.

I can't control my urge to kiss her soft lips again. I heard it right, she likes me. I instantly crashed my lips onto hers. She didn't move her lips, she slowly pulled back parting away from my lips to look at me. 

"I can't go any further if you don't answer my question" she looks at me innocently. 

"I do have feelings for yo-"

The rest of my words were lost when she pressed her lips against mine. I felt like this is a dream. We pulled back from our kiss. She blushed and looked down. I hold her chin to look up at me, when her hazel eyes connected gaze with mine.

"You are beautiful angel" I said and she smiled.

"We shall be get going, it's late" I said while glancing at my watch.

We walked out of the ballroom, hand in hand. On our way out, we saw Tessa.

"Hi Mateo" she smiled at me.

"Hey Tessa, I hope you had a great night. Enjoy, the night is still young" June said with a mischievous smirk. 

"Yeah, we got to go. I'll see you at work" I smiled and Tessa remained silent, we walked towards my car.

"What was that?" I asked June.

"What?"

"Well, I saw your face when you were talking to Tessa" I opened the door for her to get in the car and I hop in at the driver's seat.

"Oh, Nothing. I just tells her to enjoy the day" she said blankly. "What?" she chuckles when she noticed my confused face.

"You were jealous of her, aren't you?" I asks and starts driving to her apartment.