Back to Normal

Mateo-Present

"He hurt us June, he wants us to be gone for good" I felt a tear escaped my eye, "the one man we all loved, the one man I looked up to had changed into a monster" I complained as June pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, shhh..." she holds me tighter, "it's okay Mateo, calm down" she rubbed my back in comfort.

"I was helpless. It was my mistake that my mom can't speak now! I could've fight him, I couldn't save her. I should've been stronger for her" I whispered near her neck.

"I was not strong enough to beat that bastard. He took away everything from us. Everything he ever wanted was fame, money and... Caitlin. They betrayed us" I hugged June tighter as I felt anger filling my veins.

"I couldn't trust anyone since then. Tony and Raph was the only one knows about everything. They saved us that night. My mom was unconscious for months at hospital. I was helpless, I had no idea how to save my family. It was only me and Ashley, I doesn't want to lose our mom too" I said as she caressed my hair and I pull away from her.

"I am sorry, you had gone through that. What happened to you was awful" she felt sorry for me, "that explains the wound on your back, your father stabbed you" her eyes were filled with sorrow and anger.

"I am sorry, I didn't tell you any of this shit earlier. That was not my proud moment" I looked down, "I was afraid you will look at me as a disgust helpless man, who couldn't save his mother" I admit.

"No! Don't you ever feel that way about you Mateo" she pulled my chin to look up at her, "you did save your mom Mateo, she is alive and happy. You build this empire on your own, you made her proud" she caressed my cheek with her thumb.

"Yes I did" I chuckle, "Tony and Raph my best friends, they stick with me through thick and thin" I smiled.

"This is the Mateo I love" she said and blush realizing she just said she love me again.

"I love you June! I am sorry, I hurt you and treat you worse with my situation. But you changed me to trust people again" I cupped her cheek.

"I love you Mat-" I crashed my lips on hers. She immediately melt into me, moaned and kissed me back.

"How much I miss this" I said connecting our foreheads. Her gaze was fixed on her fiddling fingers on her lap as there was something going on in her mind.

"Was that true?" she asked me out of the blue.

"What?"

"Grant is Caitlin's brother?"

"So, that's what you were thinking when we had a moment?" I arched my eyebrow and she pecked my lips before muttering a 'no' with a small smile.

"Yes. I had investigated and it is true. Grant's mom gave birth to Caitlin when she was in high school and put her at foster system. Then, Jones adopted her and raised her as their own child" I told her the information I knew.

"Wow" she processed all the information, "now I understand why he went after her even though I said no"

"Yes and I kinda apologized to him" I scrunched my nose.

"You did what?" she looked at me surprised.

"I saw him earlier at your college, I apologize to him for being a jerk and he told me you backed up for me when he bitched about me" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, yeah I did" she smiled, "No one is allowed to talk bad about you, including you" she warned me pointing a finger at me.

"Aww, you like me that much baby?" I playfully pouts.