Chapter 10: Off To D.C!

Stepping into the shower was the best decision of the day. The last couple days of work were a tad hard on me. My feet were screaming at me & I'm so glad that the weekend is here & later today I'll be off to D.C! I'm beyond excited & it'll be a much needed break after the week I had a work.

I turned the shower hotter & relaxed my sore muscles in the steam; it felt amazing. I spent a good half hour in the shower before the hot water subsided & I decided to get out. I dressed for the day/trip & made my way downstairs & to the kitchen.

I rummaged in the fridge for what I wanted to eat for breakfast but nothing sounded appealing. I went & searched the pantry before deciding on oatmeal. I took my oatmeal & juice outside to the garage where i knew my mom would be as she was setting up more stuff for her garage sale.

"Hey mom." I set my bowl & glass on the table.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" She sat down at the table & lit up a cigarette.

"Yeah, pretty good. Especially considering I'm so excited for D.C! I must've been exhausted from work & just passed out soon after I got home."

"Probably for the best, you have a decent length road trip ahead of you."

"That I do. I'm really glad I'm not the one driving though." I laughed & took a sip of my juice.

My phone buzzed & I checked my messages; of course it was from Harry. I smiled down at my phone & scanned over his message.

Good morning sweetheart.

Hey :-) Good morning to you too. How are you today?

I'm pretty good, gotta go in to work after bit. You excited for D.C?

Yes, I'm very excited :-)

That's great. Take pictures for me?

Sure, anything in particular?

Is that a loaded question? Lol.  Just stuff you find interesting.

Well, sometimes I find myself interesting ;-) Does that count?

Ha-ha, that definitely counts.

Harry & I went on texting about my trip to D.C & just getting to know more about each other. While I was simultaneously helping mom with the garage sale. We had quite a bit of stuff we were trying to sell. Several tables lined the side of our garage & we had a handful more outside on the pavement. Lot's of shoes & old clothes of mine that I outgrew & some school uniforms from when I was in high school.

Time passed by rather quickly, because before I knew it, I was making my way upstairs to pack up my belongings for the trip. It was only a weekend so I was just packing two outfits & hygienics. As I was zipping up my bag, I received a text from my brother; Ethan.

On our way to get you.

Okay, cool.I'm already packed & ready.Before I left my room, I slipped on my flip flops & grabbed my purse. I made my way down the stairs & back out into the garage.

"Hey. You all packed & ready?" Mom asked as she brought out more boxes fom the back porch.

"Yep. Ethan just texted me to let me know they're on their way."

Mom sat down & started going through some of the boxes; separating & sorting. She also went over the basic check list with me to make sure I didn'f forget anything. She was going to go over it a second time, but I was saved by a car horn.