Chapter 11: Let's Rewind

"So, did you tell Harry about Jayson?"

...Shit

Jayson...

There's a name that I've tired to forget about, but kind of hard to do when he's the initial reason I'm even going on this trip to D.C.

But the beginning didn't start with Jayson. It started with Jonah.

*FLASHBACK*

"Mom, she's so cute!" I picked up the small, fuzzy lump that was laying on the floor.

"She is just too cute. I already love her." Mom petted our new addition to the family; a dirty blonde puppy that we had decided to call Dus.

Mom & gushed over our new little friend, before I got up to watch TV in the living room. This had definitely been a wonderful Thanksgiving break. We brought home the cutest little puppy & I received an early Christmas present from my grandparents; a smart-phone!

I decided to browse Facebook & came across Jonah Shrock. We'd been going to school together since middle school & crazy to think now we're Seniors. I checked out his page because he was always posting the weirdest stuff.

I was bored & he had his number on Facebook so I decided to text him.

Hey Jonah, it's Tuesday. What's up?

Oh. Hello. Nothing really, how'd you get my number?

It's on Facebook. Lol.

Oh, right. I keep meaning to change that. Anyway, what's new with you?

Nothing much. Except for the fact that I got a new puppy & a new phone!

All in the same week? You're lucky.

Lol. Yeah, just a little. It's been a great break for sure.

I'd say so. :-)

It was nice to be having a conversation with someone, but at the same time it was weird because it was Jonah.

I finished watching TV & decided it was time for bed. As great as my break had been; school was back in session tomorrow.

*******************************************************************

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

There went my alarm; bright & early 5am. I flung the covers off of me & made my way to the closet to find clothes. I decided on black jeans, uggs, & my hoodie; effort was not in the cards today. I made my way down the steps & into the kitchen for food.

Bagels sounded quick & easy so I whipped those up & sat down at the counter. I checked my phone for the first time since I had woke up & saw I had a message.

Jonah: Goodmorning. How are you?

Hey. I'm alright. Definitely not ready for school.

Lol. Who is?

Right? Anyways, I guess I'll see you at school. :-)

I hope so :-)

Wait? What? Jonah Shrock "hoped" he'd see me at school?

Since when??

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello, Darlings!

Please don't hate me, I know it's been a while. I'm truly sorry :-( But, nevertheless, I bring you the next chapter. I know it's not that long, but I figured shorter chapters are necessary to decrease confusion with the back  & forth of the next several chapters to come.

Hope you're all doing well & being fabulous! Xx.

All the Love,

- xx2901xx