Chapter 10

"Go inside," Sam whispered in my ear. "I'm not leaving you out here," I whispered back. "Since when do you care?" He snapped.

I raised my eyebrows. The truck stopped in the front. "Go inside," he demanded in my ear. "No," I said back. He looked at me madly. "I'm not going inside," I said strongly.

"Maggie," he said through his teeth. "No," I said. He pinched my side. "Hurting me isn't going to do anything," I whispered angrily.

He scrunched his nose. He then dug his nails into my waist. "I'm not going in!" I insisted. He stared at me madly. "Ugh your stubborn!" He said.

A man got out of the truck. He had glasses on and walked over to us. Sam held me tight.. Hurtfully tight. I wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him hard.

"Maggie?" He said. I squinted.

How did he know my name?

"Who are you?" I sassed. He shuffled his feet. I looked at him strangely. He then took his shades off. And then I realized who he was....

My dad.

My eyes widened. Anger, fear, happiness, nervousnes.. All these emotions built up inside me.

Sam looked confused. I teared up.

My dad that went missing..from me, my dad who left my family.. Is here.

After all the work I've done to try to find him, all the nights I tried myself to sleep worrying about him, he's here, in front of me.

"Dad?" I said as tears built up fast. "He's your dad?" Asked sam shocked. My dad looked at me sympathetically.

I never got my answers. And now I could.

But now I had more questions that needed answers. What is he like now? Does he care? How is he here? Where did he go? How does sam know him? I had so much anxiety build up inside me.

Sam looked at me worried as I bit my lip, holding in my emotions.

I then broke. I sobbed.

Sam had no idea he was my dad and that he left.. And now he stands in front of me.

Its like I don't even know this man in front of me. "I'm so sorry Maggie," he said. He reached for a hug. Sam didn't know if he should let me hug him. I awkwardly hugged him. At this point.. I can't believe what's happening.

"Maggie. You've gotten taller," he said. He looked at Sam. "Is Sam your boyfriend or something?" He said. Sam looked at me weird. "No." I said. "How do you know Sam?" I asked concerned.

"I.." He started. Sam didn't say anything. I already knew the answer because sam told me.

"Dad you left me. It killed me. It killed mom. She's still depressed. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about you. I used to try to find you. I gave up but I had faith you'd come back. I used to think i was the reason you left. It changed me. I acted differently I wasn't daddy's little girl anymore. I let my pain get to me. And now your here. And now I know why you left. You don't care. You don't care about us! You never did! If you did you wouldn't have left! I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE BUT NO ITS CLEAR! YOUR GROSS! I FEEL ASHAMED THAT I CALLED YOU DAD! YOU SOLD HIM DRUGS. WAS I EVER ANYTHING TO YOU?! WAS MOM?! YOUR SICK! YOU SICK BASTARD!" I screamed to him.

Sam shut me up. "Maggie," sam interrupted. "NO! I WAS MISERABLE! I LIVED EVERYDAY IN HELL! THATS WHY I AM THE WAY I AM! BECAUSE I FELT ABANDONED! AND YOUR NO BETTER SAM! YOU SICK DIRTY PERVERT! ALL YOU TOOK DRUGS FROM HIM! ALL YOU DO IS ACT LIKE A DICK AND TRY TO GET INTO MY PANTS!" I screamed. I was letting my emotions out. Sam and my 'dad' were shocked. "NEITHER OF YOU MATTER AND NEITHER OF YOU CARE!" I added I looked at my dad "AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST COME BACK HERE AND EXPECT ME TO FORGIVE YOU AND PRETEND MY LIFE IS SAVED I'M NOT! I THOUGHT THATS HOW IT WAS BUT CLEARLY IT ISN'T!" I screamed. I then looked at sam "AND YOU CANT EVEN SAY YOU CARE! YOUR JUST A SICK, TROUBLED, FREAK!"

and that is how I broke.