Chapter 22: Victory in Istanbul

On Wednesday, Jacqie checked her e-mail inbox to find out that Seb had sent her a message. He sent it on the previous day. She felt a little guilty as she had just found out about it. So, she quickly clicked it.

Seb

Hi, Jacqie! I'm wondering if you are going to come to Istanbul again. I promise that I won't do the same mistake like last year.

She sighed. She was sad that the mistake he did in the previous year still haunted his mind, when he collided with his teammate, Mark. She replied the message, urging him to forget about it.

Jacqie

Hi, Seb! I'm so sorry that I can't come there. I'm very busy with my college assignments. I'm sure that you won't do that again and please forget what happened last year. I'm convinced that you've learnt from it.

Jacqie didn't realize that Elisa who sat next to her was reading the message. When she looked at her, she frowned. "Jacqie, why did you say that to him? We are still going to Turkey tonight, aren't we?"

She chuckled. "Yes, of course we are!"

"Then?"

"I just want to surprise him. That's why I said that I won't come there," she explained as she had a plan to surprise him. She believed that he would be very surprised to see her on the following day.

"Oh, I see. I almost thought that we would cancel our flight, Jacqie."

"We have prepared everything, Elisa. It's impossible to cancel it just some hours before the flight," she chuckled again.

"Okay. I hope that he won't be angry because you are lying. By the way, what do you think about Turkey?"

"Turkey is a very nice country, and I really love Istanbul." She fell in love with Istanbul since she came there for the first time.

"I can't wait to go there. How lucky you are to come there last year."

She smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I came there because of Seb's invitation."

When the sisters were talking, Vania joined them. "And he even reserved a room for us."

"Hmm yeah, that's right."

"Oh, so is it your turn to make a surprise for him?" Elisa asked her.

"Correct!"

"Unfortunately he didn't finish the race last year," Vania said sadly.

"So that's why he promises that he won't do the same mistake again this year. I hope that he will win there for the first time."

"We'll see it!"

Then, in the evening, they went to the airport and had a flight to Istanbul. They would have a flight for about 15 hours and it would surely be a long flight for them. They hoped that they would have enough time to rest.

---

The girls arrived in Istanbul on Thursday morning and they immediately went to the hotel. They stayed at the same hotel like last year, but Jacqie hoped that they didn't meet Seb there. She planned to go to Istanbul Park circuit in the afternoon as she needed to rest first. She checked her e-mail inbox and he had replied the message she sent him.

Seb

I see. To be honest, I'm missing you and I really want to meet you. But I understand that your study is more important. Good luck for all your assigments, Schatz.