Chapter 10

Tony had the great idea to recruit a college kid for our cause. He flipped open his phone and showed me a video of this spider man. Apparently he was a kid named Peter Parker. Tony and I make idle conversation as we land in queens and head towards Peter's apartment.

We meet aunt May who gasps at my hand shaped bruise. I simply wave her off with an "part of being the avenger,"

Peter enters soon and swings his key around his finger. "Hey May," Peter greets as he enters the living room and sets his stuff down. "Hey, how was school today?"

"Okay, there's this crazy car parked outside, along with a cool looking motorbike." Peter pauses as he looks at us. Tony nonchalantly look at him and goes, "Oh, Mr. Parker."

"Um," Peter pulls out his earphones as I smile and wave at him. His eyes immediately zero in to the bruise and he cringes slightly. "Wha-what are you doing. Hey, um, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter."

"Tony"

"(Y/n)"

"What are you, what are you, what are you doing here?"

"About time we've meet, you've been getting my emails right?" Tony winks dramatically at Peter who looks at me in shock. I hold up a sign that says go with it and put it away quickly as May turns to look at me.

"Yeah? Yeah! Regarding the-"

" You didn't tell me about the grant."

"The grant!"

"The September foundation. Remember when you applied?"

"Yeah, he was very eager to get to us when we first posted the applications." I cut in as I noticed Peter hesitate. "We approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything, what's up with that? Keeping secrets now?"

"Well, I just know how much you love surprises so I thought I would tell you-anyway what did I apply for?"

Tony and Peter go to his room to converse about recruiting him while I kept May busy and in suspicious. "Peter was one of the top applicants due to his testing and we thought it would be best to choose him."

She nodded, "I'm very excited for him. This will be a lovely opportunity for him." We talked about random stuff for the next 5 minutes ranging from her daily happenings to what I did as an avenger.

The two emerged later on and Tony boldly stated that he would be taking Peter to Germany to talk over the grant with the other applicants. I smiled at Peter and shook his hand as we walked out from the building. "You wanna go with Tony or do you wanna ride the motorcycle with me? I got a helmet."

Peter hesitantly chooses the motorcycle and Tony glares at him. I toss him the sleek black helmet that I brought with me and swing my leg over the bike. "You don't have a helmet?" "Don't need one," I pat the space behind me and Peter hops on. I rev the engine and start up not even bothering to wait for Tony who lets out a noise of offense.

Peter clings to my waist and I laugh going slower, "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you kid," Peter squeaks a little a buries his face into my back as we speed off towards the quinjet. We land in Germany not soon after and Tony flies ahead of everyone.

T'challa leaps out from behind a helicopter, "Captain," He greets. "Your highness."

I leap out of Vision's grasp and land on the floor with a light thud. "Heya Cap,"

"Doll?" He questions and he grips his shield tighter. "You signed the accords?"

"Your friend gave me no choice."