Chapter 5

I watch as Thor, Nat, Cap, and Bruce sadly sit on the quinjet. I slide into the seat next to Steve.

"Hey Stevie. You alright?"

He nods not even looking up once at me. "Ok, if you need to talk the nightmare out, I'll be there."

I leave and go stand next to Thor.

"If you are about to ask me if I am okay please, do not bother. I am fine."

"You don't look fine, you're spacing out an incredible amount."

"I am fine!" Thor roars out, causing me to take a few steps back.

"Ok then."

Thor then sits down with a huff and cradles his head in his hands.

I completely missed the interaction between Maria and Tony regarding a safe house.

"I've got one." I say quietly, causing Tony to turn his head over to me.

"Yeah? Where."

"It's in Mississippi, Belzoni. Family farm, it belongs to me now though."

He just nods and sets the gps towards Belzoni.

"I'll fly you to the farm, since I don't think you know where it is."

A few hours later I'm leading the team into the house. Where chaos greets me.

"(y/n)!" The two trouble makers yell as they barrel into my legs. "Hey Laura, hey Chloe, how's it going?"

"These are smaller agents of some kind." Tony says trying to make sense of the situation.

"Everything's fine! Mommy's in the kitchen making lunch."

"Sounds delicious."

"Kate!" I yell at the top of my lungs. "Yeah!" Kate stumbles into the room still holding a spatula.

"Hi, (y/n)."

"Hey, Kate."

"These are the um, Avengers they're staying over for a bit to wait out something."

"Of course!" She motions towards the kitchen, "Lunch's almost ready."

"So, um (y/n) who's that?" Tony asks, "This is an agent we have never heard of." "Your wife?" Nat also asks.

"Ah, no that's my older sister Kate, her husband died a few years back of cancer and so I let them stay here."

"And I know all of your names," Kate says awkwardly shifting her weight into her left foot still clutching the spatula.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve apologizes.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead but we had no idea you existed." Tony says snarkily, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

"I had Fury help me set this up when I joined, kept it out of shield's files and I'd like to keep it that way," I informed him. "I figured it's a good place to lay low,"

Thor looks down at the pile of legos gathered at the edge of the carpet. He then shakes his head before grabbing my arm and dragging me outside the house.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as I am dragged outside by the god.

"The dream I saw, I need answers, and I won't find them here" He said with a straight face peering down at me.

Thor's POV

I stared down at the love of my life as she timidly gave me a hug, wishing me good luck on my newest quest.

I nodded and gave her a small smile, "I will see you soon Lady (y/n)"

I raised Mjolnir and flew off whispering a small, "I love you," as I left.

(y/n)'s POV

I watched solemnly as Thor left and trudged back inside the house as the rest of the group argued over who would share a room with me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the closest person to me, which turned out to be Steve, "He will be rooming with me, figure yourselves out."

After a few hours of telling stories to the kids while Steve and Tony went outside to chop wood, it was finally time for dinner.

I walked into the dining room conversing with Natasha, my smile faltered slightly as I looked at Fury who was standing in the kitchen.

"(l/n)," He greeted me with a head nod.

"Fury," I greeted back.

"Ultron took you folks out of play, to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something, the amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing,"

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks from his position, leaning onto the side of the counter.

"Oh, he's easy to track, he's everywhere, that guy's multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. Still doesn't give us an angle on any of his plans though,"

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asks, throwing a dart.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

I tuned the rest of the debrief out because it was boring, and I kind of had an idea on what we were going to do next.

Clint gave me a smile and put an arm around me to which I ignored. Everyone else turned towards him with a glare and he smirked back at them pulling me closer.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asks everyone in the vicinity.

I grab everything I need and press kisses onto the kids' foreheads and head towards the quinjet.

3rd POV

The avengers excluding the object of their obsession had a discussion stating the fact that the rest of her existing family had to go.

They would only get in the way of their love and (y/n) is only allowed to love the avenger plus some people.