Chapter Three

"You know this is an epic heroic smackdown event when they've called in Sharkboy!" We all cheered as we watched Sharkboy appear on screen.

"Earlier today, Sharkboy appeared from the ocean depths, landing on the beach of South Padre Island."

(fun fact i've written about this movie so much i can just press the auto word button cause my phone remembers me writing it so much 😂)

"And moments later, Lavagirl blasted up from inside an active volcano. She's from the Earth's core ya know."

"Go Sharkboy and Lavagirl!" Guppy cheered.

"And here's Mayor Doolittle at today's ribbon cutting for his new city hall, rebuilt after the last time the Heroics went into action."

On screen you could see the Heroics flying past city hall then a yellow blur flashed on screen. It cut the rope of city hall.

"Did you see that? Of course you didn't. That means it's none other than Blinding Fast, the fastest Heroic on the planet."

"Go, Dad!" Slo-Mo cheered slowly.

"And here comes Crushing Low!"

I watched Dad crash into city hall destroying it. "And there goes the mayor's new building in record time."

"YEAH DAD!" I cheered high-fiving Facemaker.

"These battles are insanely expensive for taxpayers, but so entertaining."

"Pass the popcorn. This battle's gonna be epic!" Wild Card told Slo-Mo.

Of course Slo-Mo took his time which irritated Wild Card making him snatch the bucket spilling some of the popcorn. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the TV.

"We're getting some live footage now."

"And look who's back in action. It's Miracle Guy. You didn't expect him to actually lose, did you?"

We saw all of the Heroics flying at the alien ship. I saw my Dad flying next to Missy's Dad.

"He's not supposed to be there." She said.

Then the ship opened up and released thousands of tinier ships. One of them knocked down Miracle Guy making him land on the roof of a building.

"Oh my God!"

"No way! No one's ever taken down Miracle Guy!" Noodles exclaimed.

Then Sharkboy got hit. He landed on a helicopter and came crashing down with it. When asked if he was okay he got taken by a ship.

Then it showed Miracle Guy struggling to fight two ships. Then he got slammed down.

"Oh no. I'm just getting some terrible news. It's almost unimaginable, but two of our heroes have been captured by the intruders."

"I thought the Heroics were unbeatable." Guppy said.

"They are unbeatable. It's not over yet." Wheels said.

"It looks like our heroes are fighting amongst themselves again."

Fast Forward and Rewinds parents came on screen they kicked open a door but then argued about who was going in first. This resulted in their capture.

"Mom!" Rewind yelled.

"Dad!" Fast Forward exclaimed.

Then my Dad came on screen. "Go, Dad!" Facemaker cheered. "Take em out Dad!" I added.

Dad got two really good punches in before getting grabbed from behind and taken. My mouth fell open in disbelief.

Then the TV rewound and fast forwarded twice to when Crimson Legend and Red Lightning Furry got captured.

"I want to see it again." Rewind told his sister.

"And I don't want to see it again." She replied.

"And here comes Mrs. Vox to the rescue. She'll get those aliens singing a different tune."

Mrs. Vox appeared on screen. She used her voice to take down three ships before getting grabbed from behind and taken.

"They took Mrs. Vox!"

Then we saw Lavagirl heading to the mother ship. She blasted two balls of lava up at it. But one accidentally hit Tech-No.

"They got Tech-No."

"And there goes Lavagirl! What in the world is happening? Our heroes are dropping like flies!"

Then we saw Blinding Fast running around three ships. "They won't get Blinding Fast. Not him, he's to-"

Wheels interrupted himself with a gasp as he watched Blinding Fast get taken.

"It's all up to Marcus Moreno now."

And sure enough like the rest Marcus Moreno got hit. He fell to the ground. He got up and was immediately surrounded by alien ships.

Missy got up and talked to her Dad through her bracelet. "Dad? Dad, we had a deal."

"I know. I promised I wouldn't be a hero anymore. But I'm still the leader of the Heroics." He said taking out his swords.

"Dad? Dad, run! Get out of there!"

"And a good leader...leads by example."

"Dad!"

"I'm sorry honey." He then jumped into the aliens getting taken as well. They took out the camera so we couldn't see any further.

Missy sat down and sobbed. "This is... unbelievable. Unimaginable."

"Ladies and gentlemen... the Heroics have fallen."

"We're getting word that the president would like to address the nation."

"People of America, as you have witnessed, the Heroics have been captured. Military forces are stepping in, mobilizing to bring our heroes back. But while it looks rather hopeless...it's bad, it- It's hopelessly bad."

"How did this guy ever get to be president? He can't even put two sentences together."

"I know right." I replied to my brother.

"We have just received a message from the supreme commander of the aliens that has been decoded. It reads, 'We are from the planet Ogima. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to prepare you for...takeover. Please comply, or else Earth will be destroyed. You have three hours.' I'm afraid that was the entire message. There are no heroes left. God save us all."

The president cut off screen. We became quiet. Then the screen popped back on with Ms. Granada. We all sat up.

"Children, for your own safety, we're going into full lockdown. No one leave your seats. As long as you stay where you are, you are all safe." She then smiled and the TV went away with the lights turning back on.