Walter's Progression

30 days, 5 hours and 40, seconds I've been in this place. A rehab building in downtown. Why am I here? Well just say .. its ... something private. Today.. I'm let out. I'm a free man. My documents are signed. And I'll be free from this place. What I call... home... at least it's better than the outside world.. pure shit it is. Although of course, I have accept the fact that it is unfair. And all I want to do is give em the middle finger and go piss off. But I can't.

I really want to say "Fuck all of you! Go home to your moms, the only people that fucking care of your shit is your parents you ass faces! Oh and PS.... go shit yourself!" Yeah.. I wish I could... I wish I could..

"Hey Walter. You're discharged." Said the nurse.

"Thanks Ms. Cassidy."

"Hey I know you like it here more than the outside world but come on... face the facts..."

"I know.. I know..."

"Remember what I told you Walter."

"Happiness isn't about escaping first. Its about seeing the true dark side and know it's insignificance and telling it to piss off and then escape." Such remarkable words for a nurse like you Ms. Cassidy"

"Yeah I get that a lot."

"Rigghht.." Ms. Cassidy is one of the 10 volunteer nurses of the rehab institute. And to be honest, she's one of the only two nurses in this place that know how to connect with me. The other being Ms. Taylor.

"You know.. I'm gonna miss you Walter. Your such a sweet guy. And cute too. If you were only straight, I would date you."

"Hardy har har Ms. Cassidy. Anyways, where's Ms. Taylor? I want to say goodbye to her."

"She couldn't make it today, sorry. But she did want me to give you something before you left."

"What is it?" Ms. Cassidy opened one of her pockets and took out a small envelope.

"Here." She gave me the envelope and I opened it. There was a letter.

Hey Walter! Theres my Champ! Now I know I'm not here right now and I'm sorry for that. I have a test coming up. But let me make it up to you. Here keep it. Seeya when I can seeya!
~B. Taylor

There was something in the envelope. $2500!? I couldn't believe it at first.

"Yeah, me and Taylor wanted to give you a gift. So here's mine." She opened her other pocket containing another envlope. Another $2500. They're too nice.

"Why.. did you.. guys.."

"Look Walter. You may have been a patient here. But you have shortly became our friend and hearing your story broke my heart. So me and Taylor pitched in and gave you $5000 for your discharge gift. Consider it a birthday gift."

"I dont know what to say... thank you. Both of you."

"You'e Welcome Champ! Come on let's go downstairs. Your grandma's waiting."

"Yeah." I zipped close my bag and went down stairs. I still couldn't believe their kindness. $5000... I have to repay them back... somehow. As we fleet down to the lobby room. I see my grnadma on one of the seats in the waiting area.

My grandmas not the normal knit, crouchet kind of grandma.. if you defy normal as a woman in her 60's wearing combat boots, a leather jacket, fingerless gloves, and the shades... God the shades... You know those glasses which have shade lenses on the side? Yeah those shades.. long story short is that my grandpa was a biker and my grandma was a rich young mistress at that time when they fell in love and well.. grandpa kinda... influenced grandma.

"Hello Wally! Hmm... somethings different about you... oh yes! The shaved head!"

"Yeah.. thanks for noticing grandma.."

"Hello Mdm. Andrea. How are you today?" Ms Cassidy said.

"Well my back still hurts from racing the so called "biker master" to a race. Winner takes cash. Loser takes trash. You can guess who won and she has the money to prove it! Yahaha!"

"Wow... that's something grandma."

"Come on Wally. Let's take you home. That loser still needs to give me more! That's when you talk and not walk sonny!"

"Okay.." somehow I couldn't get the feeling of embarassment.

"Bye Walter." Ms Cassidy said while I rode on my grandma's Harley...

"By the way Ms Cassidy. I never got to know your first name."

"Oh my first name? It's A-"

"I hope you didn't eat much today Wally! Cause grandma's going full speed!"

"Wait! Noo! Ahh! BYE MS.. CASSSIDDDYyYyyyyy.."

I last saw her face trying to process what just happened. Shoot . If grandma just waited, I would have known her name.

A few minutes later. I was back in my neighborhood. It was a fairly nice place. My house.. isn't fairly nice.. its just too... old looking. All the houses are modern structured houses and here comes ours... straight from an antiqque store, stands out like a sore thumb. But I like it.

"Come on Wally, come in."

The inside wasn't an antiqque though. Remember I said grandma was a rich woman? Well she spent the money on furnishing the house with really beautiful furniture that can make your eyes marvel at it all day.

Grandma goes to the kitchen.

"Oh darn it! Sorry Wally. No water in the fridge. Just a lot of beer." I hear grandma uncapping a beer and chugging it down.

"Want some deer?"

"That's okay grandma. I'm going to my room. Wanna catch some z's."

I went up stairs. Since Mom and Dad are working overseas I kinda practically live with grandma for my entire life. I open the door to my room. Same as I left it. Totally fucking messy. Guess grandma forgot that my room was a pigsty.

I dropped my bag beside my bed and lyed down. Looking at the ceiling. Tears running through my eyes. I close my eyes and sobbed.

"I'm home... Carter.. I'm home.."