Addison's Aspiration

"Addi? What are you doing? It's 9 a.m.! I'm Late!" Said my eager little sister, Phoebe.

"Just a sec Phoebs! Casey isn't up yet!" It's a daily routine I tell ya. Wake up at 7a.m. to cook breakfast. Prep the bath for Phoebe before she wakes up, and study for mid-term exams for college. Now I have to walk into my little brothers room just to wake him up.

"Casey! Casey! Seriously!?! How many times does it take for you to realise that it's 9 a.m.!?! Come on Casey!" No response. Typical. It never works, sure but at least there's an excuse to yell at him.

"Or I'll embarass you at taco night when your friends come over."

"Eh! I'm up! I'm up!" Heh, works everytime. See my brothers much of a bragger. Impresses his friends how good he is at Mega Bash Family, a videogame he constantly plays. Don't get me wrong he's good, better than his friends, but not better than me on 1 on 1.

He opens the door with all the locks he installed thinking that he could hide all the "shameful" collection of action figures and books he thinks no one would accept him for.

"Sis don't own me on taco Tuesday please! I still want to be sorta cool! Besides. You already have a winning streak anyways."

"Sure as long as you don't hibernate like a grizzly bear in your room , Cas." I look at his collection of stacks of graphic novels and figures he earned from being a fry cook and janitor on weekends.

"Why do you hide this awesome collection you have?" I saw that face again. That sad mouthed depressed kid I see everytime because he thinks it's embarassing.

"You know why.."

"Oh Cas. I know ever since Mom and Dad died that its tough for you to shell out. They really encouraged you. But remember I'm here too and I'm also encouraging you that your hobby is awesome. Don't listen to what people say." Wow I'm being reassuring for once, heh who knew I had it in me.

"Thanks Addison." He smiled a bit, finally there's the face I wanted to see from him! "Now hey.. since its Friday tomorrow. I was wondering if you could join me and Phoebs."

"Why?"

"We're taking a walk around the park. You know. Sibling bonding?"

"I.. I don't know...I just."

"Come on Cas.. Phoebe may be a bit hard around you but that's how she shows that she cares for you. It would really help her. Remind her we're here yu know?"

"Fine" I smiled like if I was the chesire cat on drugs or something because it was too big to fit my face. I was too glad to even say a word.

"Breakfast's ready kiddo. Me and Phoebs are late. You sure you're okay by yourself?"

"Please Addi, I'm only 2 years younger than you. I'm old enough. Now Phoebe is a different story."

Well it seemed that it turned out to be a good morning. He walked through the hallway to the kitchen and got a bowl of some corn flakes. Honestly how's the guy related to me if his taste in cereal is that bland?

"Finally woke up Cas? Thanks to you. We're late! Harrumph." Phoebe said with a rather annoying voice while crossing her arms as if she was a mother disciplininng her child. "Sorry Phoebs. Looks you guys go on ahead. I'll make it up to you."

"Oh yeah? How?"

"I'm gonna join with you guys on Friday." That got her attention as she pointed her head to his direction.

"You will?"

" I will."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Good"

Then smiled as if she couldn't open her eyes. "Oh no! I just realised we're late! Come on Phoebs!" I took Phoebe's hand and kissed Casey on the forehead. Got my bag and hers and went on the bus.

"Hey Addi?"

"Yeah Phoebs?"

"Is Casey really gonna join us?"

"Yeah my little sunflower. Yeah"

"Oh by the way. Here" Phoebe opens her bag to get a drawing book she had. You should see her school bag, way too clean for a 9 year old. She gave me the drawing book.

"Open it!"

"Okay."

I opened the drawing book and it showed a picture of us when we were at the beach last summer. Below it wrote "Whenever I mope. Here is my hope."

"What's this Phoebs?"

"My assignment. Teacher gave us rhymes and we're supposed to add a picture and decorate it!"

"Aww Phoebs, that's nice of you."

This is why I have 3 jobs and school. I'm doing all this, and yes, I may get tired. But if it means seeing that. It makes me do even more work.

"We're here Phoebs"

We leave the bus and I escorted Phoebe to the Gate of the school.

"Bye bye butterfly!" Said Phoebe

I laughed, this is her version of see you later alligator.

"Goodbye my little sunflower."