Chapter 15 And There Go the Finals Part One

(So, its been a hot minute, I apologize, so this is part one of two in this chapter, my editor decided due to the length we split the chapter, so that's what we are doing, so this chapter is the second and third round of the finals in the sports festival, with the final round being in the next part which we will hopefully finish very soon, ok on with the story, talk to y'all later. P.s I apologize for any cringe in this, as well as all cringe before and after this point.)

Up next are Deku andTodoroki, though I'm not able to watch it, which is disappointing to say the least.

"I'm up against Iida next, so this is going to be an interesting matchup," I say to myself as I try and think up a plan. After about fifteen minutes or so, someone knocks on the door of the waiting room and comes in with a look of shock on their face.

"Y/n, you're up," they say, still with a petrified expression.

I head out of the door and walk to the arena, lost in thought and trying to finalize my strategy against Iida.

"I have a rough idea for it, but to do it I'm going to need to be fast..." I start before bumping shoulders with Todoroki.

"Sorry man, hey who won out of you two?" I ask.

"I did," is all he says.

"Well then, it just looks like I will have to beat Iida and join you in the next round," I say in an attempt to be friendly and then proceed to walk off.

I make it out to the arena with Iida across from me as Mic makes introductions.

"HEY IIDA, JUST KNOW WHEN I WIN THIS, NO HARD FEELINGS!" I shout with a wide grin.

"Begin!" Midnight says, signaling the match.

"Iida will take a bit to get to the gear he needs, but I don't have much time, meaning I need to be fast with this," I think to myself while turning into a springbok. I run towards the out of bounds line to the right of me and then leap to the line that was behind me at the start of the match. As I run alongside the out of bounds line, I keep my eye on Iida, who has started a charge towards me.

"Looks like he has made a plan to intercept me and knock me out, but little does he know I can now jump six feet, so all I need to do is time this right and hurdle him," I think to myself.

About three seconds later, Iida is near enough for me to start my countdown to the hurdle.

"3, 2, 1, NOW!" I think, now jumping and managing to hurdle Iida with ease. I then land and turn around to look at him, now standing out of bounds.

"Well, ya tried, and that's all that counts," I say turning back into myself and giving him a handshake.

While we walk out of the arena and into the hallway, we run into Mina, whose match is next.

"Hey, good luck Ashi, you got this," I say, messing with the hair in between her horns.

Iida splits off from me so I head off to the stands alone.

I make it there and look out to see how Mina is doing but see Kirishima and Bakugo fighting instead.

"God, I...uuuugh," I groan and turn back around to head back to the waiting room.

I make it there, but before I enter, I hear crying from inside. I open the door to see Mina sitting in a chair, her head buried in her arms.

"Hey Ashi, you okay?" I ask, even though I can pick up on the fact that she lost.

"N-not really," she stammers with tears running down her face.

"You lost?" I question, already knowing the answer. She nods her head in agreeance, and I walk over to her and droop myself on her back trying to comfort her.

"Well, I bet you did amazing, and I bet you will still get one amazing internship," I reassure her.

"I know, but what if I don't?"

"Then you don't, but that doesn't change the fact that you did as good as you did. Ashi, listen to me, you did outstanding this entire festival, you pushed yourself to the limit, and nothing can change that," I say, now walking to the opposite end of the table to sit down. "You gave it your all, you went Plus Ultra, you showed all of Japan what Mina Ashido can do."

"Y/n, you're up," someone announces, opening and peering through the door to the waiting room.

"Thank you," I reply.

"Well I guess you have to go now, huh?" Mina asks.

"Yes, so it seems, but come here," I say, standing and opening my arms for a hug, to which she stands and accepts.

"I love you bubby," Mina says,

"I love you too sis," I say. "Wish me luck."

I walk out, receiving wishes for good luck on my way out and head to the arena to face off against Todoroki.

I make my way out to the arena for my fight, with a dead set focus on the win.

I make it up the steps and walk inside the boundary lines while keeping my focus on Todoroki, not breaking my gaze.

"BEGIN" Present Mic yells through the loudspeaker.

I take this as an opportunity to morph into a dragon, seeing as how Todoroki's quirk has to do with ice.

I spew fire all around the out of bounds lines. Trapping Todoroki in with me, I morph back into myself for some hand to hand combat, hoping the fire is enough to keep his ice at bay. I charge at Todoroki, stopping at one point and preceding to pull off a kick. It lands on the side of Todoroki's head, knocking him down to his knees for a split second, before he stands back up and shoots ice my way and extinguishes the fire behind me.

"Well, there goes the fire idea," I say, jumping out of the way of the ice. I start a charge on Todoroki and manage to get a strong punch into his stomach. I stand up and look down to a crumpled Todoroki, who quickly stands up and punches me across the face, giving me a bit of a bloody nose.

"Ow, that kinda hurt, let's keep on with the pain then shall we?" I prod sinisterly. I walk toward him and note the confusion on his face about my walking calmly. I end up startling him with a kick to the chin knocking him unconscious, and almost on cue the fire around us is extinguished.

Or so I thought. Before I have time to even think, ice shoots up towards my face.

When the powder clears, I find myself trapped from the waist down in ice. He caught me off guard, but I won't make the same mistake again. I morph into a dragon once more, causing the ice to break from my transformation.

"You're gonna have to do better than that, Frosty!" I quip as I circle around him in the air. He shoots ice up towards me, and I fly in a zigzag pattern to dodge.

To reach me, he launches a mountain of ice up from below him and rises to my level in the air. In an instant, he freezes my wings.

"Well that was unexpected," I mutter as I freefall towards the ground. With only a few seconds before I crash, an idea strikes me. I rotate in the air with just enough force that my gigantic dragon tail rams through his glacier, sending Todoroki crashing down with it.

I unleash a torrent of fire around me in hopes that it will be enough to thaw my wings. Just inches from the ground, my wings flap and I rise up into the air. Now that was a close one.

"Shoto Todoroki is ko'ed, the winner is Y/n!" Midnight announces on the loudspeakers after checking on Todoroki.