Chapter 3 The Mall and the Rest of the Weekend Before UA

After breakfast, we get ready and head out to meet up with Jiro. We then go on a walkabout around town and end up at the mall. I give Mina 3,143 yen ($30). She takes the money and goes with Jiro to get ice cream. After they leave, I go over to the music store and see a CD of some of the Beastie Boys' best hits in the window. I go inside, buy it and go back to where I last saw Mina and Jiro. I check my phone and see I got a text from Mina. She sent a picture of herself with ice cream and the text read, "We're waiting for you," with a smiling emoji. I smile and head to where they are.

When I get there, I am handed an ice cream. "Aww you didn't have to do this, it was for you guys, " I said with a small smile peeking through. It was just enough for both of them to notice. However, they said nothing about it.

"Hey y/n what's in the bag?" Jiro asked, noticing the bag I had in my hand.

I handed her the bag. "Open it and see for yourself."

She proceeded to open the bag. She then looked up at me, then back down at the CD inside the bag. "Yeah, I'm keeping this," she teased with a smug look on her face.

I proceeded to tell her, "You can borrow it and use it first, but it is mine. This won't become the case of the guitar that I bought a while back. I gave it to you because you kept eyeing it. Speaking of which, how is it working for you?"

"It's amazing! Actually, I've used it very recently," Jiro responded with a smile.

I smiled back and said, "That's awesome."

We finish our ice cream and start heading towards the exit until Mina sees something in a store window that I did not see until she points it out. It was a shirt that had a picture of her second favorite hero, Rumi Usagiyama. (Her first favorite is our mom, but she didn't want one with her on it for obvious reasons.)

We go into the store and find the shirt and Mina looks at the back. "I live every day of my life like there's no tomorrow so that when my number's up, I can check out with no regrets! No way this horde of zombies is gonna end Mirko the Hero," she reads.

"Does it fit you?" I ask while pulling out my wallet and with a smile on my face.

"Yes it does, why do you ask?" she says as she notices me holding the money for it and her grin then extends from ear to ear. She immediately wraps me in a hug, pinning my arms to my side

"Jiro, do you want something?" I ask through small grunts.

"No, it's fine. Thanks though," she replies. I pay for the shirt and we leave.

On our way out the door I start zoning out, but snap back into reality when I hear Mina ask, "Hey Jiro, do you want to stay the night with us?"

"That would be amazing! Let me call my parents and see what they have to say about it," she says, pulling out her phone.

Ashido and I wait for her to finish up. During her call, I go and stand by the wall, when I see a guy holding a purse running towards us, and a woman behind him yelling for help, saying the man stole her purse. In the short time I have, I try to think of something to do. I body tackle him to the ground and hold him there while I have Mina call the police. I yank the purse away from him and hold onto it until the woman comes over and retrieves it while thanking me.

After the police show up, they put the guy into the back of a police car and make sure everyone is okay, then leave. After this incident, Jiro tells us that her parents do not care if she stays the night with us. So with this information, we headed back to our house for the rest of the day. We Have to stop by Jiro's house so that she can grab a change of clothes and any other essentials. We then start heading to our house.