Chapter 1: Pilot

This is the 3rd book in a trilogy, please read the 1st 2 for context

It was Elizabeth's 17th birthday, and she was with her parents on their annual run. The Alpha's daughter, finally of age to join the pack patrols with her father Nicolas. He ran on her right, and her mother, Chloe ran on her left. With the wind blowing through her fur, she felt invincible. That was until a bullet hit her from the south east and she toppled to the ground, skidding a while before she finally stopped. She doesn't remember what happened next, she heard a man scream, and then her mother howl. Her father told her that he carried her back, but she doesn't remember shifting back to human form. All she does know about that day is that it left her, paralyzed from the waist down.

It's been a year since that day, and Elizebeth has been going to physical therapy for about 4 months now. Her wolf, silent, since that terrible day. Her physical therapist, Amelia, was very kind and supportive, spending a lot of time just talking with her. She was only a few years older, with deep grey eyes and shimmering golden curls.

Elizabeth still felt a hole though, deep in her heart.  Her best friend had left the pack a few years ago, to live with her mate in a different pack. Yet she was still here, no mate, and seemingly, no purpose. Other wolves loved to romanticize and fantasize about them finding their mates, but Elizabeth didn't care where she met her's,  as long as they existed, she knew she had a purpose, she wasn't some mistake by the universe. 

But 17 years, and still no luck. 'I don't need any mate to make me strong.' Elizabeth thought constantly as she struggled through her therapy.

'I will walk again, and I'll find my mate, just so I can punch him in the face.'