Chapter 3

Elizabeth struggled as she held onto the cold metal railing on either side of her. She could feel Amelia behind her, just barely keeping a hand off her back as she shuffled her feet sluggishly on the floor. 4 months and this was all she could show for it. Despite all of the support from her family, and Amelia always being only a call away, she felt as lonely as ever. Relying on them for her entire life wasn't the plan she had for herself. The idea of her being wheeled around, no wolf, no mate... It was too much for her. But still, she pushed on, trying to take just one more step, one more small push to maybe help her get her life back.

"You're doing great Liz, don't strain yourself too much though." Amelia nodded as she put a hand on Elizabeth's back.

The small gesture broke the dam holding Elizabeth's emotions as tears started to swell up in her eyes. "I can't do this!" Elizabeth cried as she let go and fell onto the floor. "Why can't I just get better? Why won't these stupid things work?!" She screamed as she hit her legs over and over.

Amelia quickly hugged her from behind, while holding Elizabeth from hitting herself more. "Shhh shhh, I know how you feel, but this won't solve anything Liz"

"It's been four months, Amelia! Four months and all I can show for it is shuffling 8 feet holding a railing! You have no idea what I'm going through! You have your legs, your wolf, your mate! I have nothing!" Liz screamed as her quiet cries turned to loud sobbing.

Amelia said nothing. She knew it was true. She didn't know how Elizabeth felt, but she held her none the less as they both sat on the floor. All she could do was whisper little comforts, small 'it's ok's and 'you'll be alright'. This didn't happen often, but she knew the pain that Liz kept hidden from everyone else. Losing your wolf was equivalent to losing a close sibling, some said it felt like your heart being torn out. They sat like that for a while as Elizabeth calmed down, locking her emotions back up and wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I know you're just trying to help me" Elizabeth said as she reached for the metal railing again in an attempt to pull herself up. Amelia gave a supportive hand and helped her up, pulling Elizabeth's wheelchair and sitting her in it.

"We can try again tomorrow Liz, ok?" Amelia said as she gave a supporting smile. Amelia kneeled down in front of Elizabeth's chair, looking up at her friend.

"Yeah!" Elizabeth replied, having put back her bubbly front back up. Amelia knew it wasn't healthy for Liz to hide her emotions like that, but being able to see her even pretend to be happy was enough for her to keep trying.

As much as she hated to admit it, Liz was right. For any other werewolf, this injury would have been a two month healing process. Liz was subconsciously not letting herself heal. Mr. and Mrs. Greyson thought that the physical therapy would get her in the correct mindset for the healing to start, having already tried a psychiatrist and a therapist in attempts to wake up her wolf. So far, no one knew if Liz's wolf would ever resurface again.