Chapter 7

When we got to charms I was hoping to be happy, which I was. But I was left with a sad feeling inside. Professor Lupin lost all of his friends that were basically his family, one of them turned on them. Of course the trader had to resemble me. Sirius Black the prisoner that escaped azkaban, the serial killer. What is thats me in the future? I could never betray my friends, they are the only family I need. What if we all end up dead? What if our future is just like theirs? It can't be right? We are all different people I suppose so I shouldn't worry. I mainly just feel bad for Remus.

"Miss Corry?" A voice called, I was deep in thought.

"Alice? Alice? Alice!" Maddie nudged me

"Yes?" I looked up

"You alright?" Professor Flitwick asked

"Uh y-yeah" I was a little dizzy from all of the information put on me and my brain that makes up impossible scenarios

"Do you need to go to Madam Pomfrey?" Natalie moved the hair out of my face

"I dunno." I responded not knowing what was best, Flitwick just asked the question to someone else and didn't bother me rest of class while I payed attention but zoned out a few times. Once class was over I bumped into someone on my way to transfiguration

"Miss Corry are you alright?" Remus asked

"Oh sorry sir. Yes I am alright" I smiled 

"Are you sure? I can tell you are lying but you don't have t tell me. If something is bothering you, you can come to me. Okay?" He reassured

"Okay, thank you. Actually I do have a question." I admitted

"Well you can come walk to me in the courtyard if you would like." 

"That would be great thank you" We walked to the courtyard in comfortable silence but the whole time i was contemplating if I should tell him my worries of not. 

"So whats on your mind?" Remus asked when we got outside

"Well i dunno.Was it hard when you lost your friends?" I looked up at him. His expression changed from the question. He looked a bit softer and kinder, and sad.

"Well of course it was. It was difficult since you were with them for all these years then one day they were gone." He smiled weakly "Why the sudden question?"

"I dunno.. I guess whenever you spoke about losing your friends I was scared to loose mine."  shrugged

"Alice you shouldn't worry about that. You girls have many opposites from us. I don't think our futures will be exact. But live life to its fullest while you have it. Don't have so many doubts. Don't worry so much about what people think of you or about anything. Just be yourself" He was looking at the sky but turned to me once he finished his sentence. We stood there looking at each other for a moment until I broke the silence.

"Thank you professor. I must get going to my next class. Your words helped, thank you" I gave him a quick hug and ran back to be castle.

'Oh no. I gave him a hug! Was that too much physical interaction? When I looked at him he made my heart skip for some reason. I can't handle this embarrassment. I think I might just crawl into a corner and die.' This was all I could think about while I walked back to the castle. How embarrassing! Oh why did I do that?