sixteen point five.

FIRST LOVE

If someone were to ask Draco Malfoy who exactly Pat Waterson, aka Patricia Jackson, was to him, he'd answer with three words: a beautiful enigma. He wasn't sure what it is about that girl that filled her with so much conundrum. However, it was the same cloud of mystery that drew him in, that made Patricia Jackson so utterly captivating that he couldn't help but be swept off his feet.

Try as he might, Draco Malfoy just couldn't bring to find a single fitting word to perfectly describe her other than being a puzzle. A mystery that he would be forced to leave forever unsolved. But he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his life trying to understand it. For it was enticing, and it called out to his name like the fire to a moth. And he would burn ㅡ burn to ashes if it meant she was with him. But she wasn't. And she will never be with him.

Patricia Jackson was a beautiful storm ㅡ a tempest brewing in the middle of the ocean, drowning helpless ships and stealing the breaths out of everyone's lungs.  Draco Malfoy finds himself a victim, helplessly clawing his way out the water that persists on drowning him ㅡ suffocating him. But the pain of not being able to breathe wasn't as excruciating as he thought it'd be. The water was not harsh ㅡ it was warm, and it welcomed him with open arms. Drowning in the storm that is Patricia felt like a blessing, enough to send anyone in beatitude.

Patricia Jackson, among other things, was Draco Malfoy's first love, much to his chagrin. He never imagined himself to fall in love with someone not of pureblood status, much less, a Gryffindor! His ancestors must be rolling in their graves. It is also exactly because of the same reason that he knew he would never be able to have her.

And so he pushed her away ㅡ far away and into the arms of a man that wasn't him. But then why did it hurt to see her fall for someone that wasn't him? Why did every look, touch, and kiss send a knife to Draco Malfoy's poor, poor heart?

Patricia Jackson is a mystery for managing to unknowingly sweep Draco Malfoy off his feet. Patricia Jackson is a storm, but now that she's gone, where was the rainbow?

Patricia Jackson was Draco Malfoy's rainbow, the light that keeps the side of him behind the mask alive and burning. But now that she was gone, Draco Malfoy had no choice but to put on his mask and return to the dark.

First love doesn't work, after all.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey there! We're getting close to the end of act one 👀 I hope you guys are ready for the chaos! Admittedly, I had a little too fun writing shit go down. Anyway, I'll be publishing a draco malfoy ff (that's been rotting in my drafts since forever) next week and if you want a little healing from this heartbreak you could go check it out! Its title is 'desideratum' (it's wordy, ik, it bothers me but it fits the story so well 🥺)