One

"Give me a dark seductive look, just like that." Series of flashing and shutter sounds interrupted the music that was playing at the background. "Perfect. I want a possessive look now, move your left leg back a little bit. Magnificent." Another series of shutter sounds and flashing lights.

After a whole hour of blinding lights and being forced into various awkward positions, the photoshoot was finally over and Gaara could put on his shirt again. He didn't quite like the lingering feeling of eyes on his torso.

"Gaara!" A familiar voice stopped his progression to the exit. Gaara turned around to give audience to his caller even though he would most likely refuse her offer. "Would you like to get lunch together?"

"I'm sorry, I have plans." Gaara gave her a kiss on the cheek as an afterthought and left without another word and before his obsessed girlfriend could say any further thing.

After his first major and foreign role in the drama directed by Maito Gai along with star actors Hyuga Neji and Tenten, Gaara suddenly quit acting and seemingly disappeared from the face of earth. Many fans who were hoping to see the handsome new face again in another drama were greatly disappointed.

Speculations and theories about his disappearance arose from every where and all media houses tried to get a cover on his story but it was impossible. The next time anyone heard news of the Sunan TV star was at scriptwriter Uzumaki Naruto's wedding with Hyuga Hinata which was a year after his disappearance.

Gaara had come back as a model though, and not a celebrity but fans were happy to see him nevertheless. That summary was just what the media said about him though. In truth, Gaara quit acting because he needed to sort his emotions out.

That was funny coming from a man of few emotions such as himself but Gaara needed the break. It had not been easy getting over Tenten, he still wasn't but the feeling of hurt was more bearable now than before. Gaara seldom talked and became really standoffish, even worse than before, but he didn't care.

In an attempt to get over his feelings for Tenten, Gaara had accepted the love confession of one of his coworkers and they began dating. It didn't take too long to realise that the relationship between them would never work out because Gaara could not help but compare his girlfriend to Tenten.

Borami was a beautiful and good woman, Gaara was sorry for using her as a rebound, he still is, but they were just not compatible. It didn't help that Borami was clingy and demanding however, Gaara tried his best to be a good boyfriend.

Recently though, he found himself making excuses to get away from her. He had to break up with her before things got complicated. His black car pulled into the hotel Gaara alighted from it. It had been a long and tiring day, all he wanted for was to sleep till the next day. Unfortunately, aside from his chronic insomnia he also had a dinner party to prepare for.

Normally Gaara would not care about attending company dinners or parties in general. It was because of Borami, that was why Gaara was attending the party. He saw it as an opportunity though, to break up with her that is. She could drink away her sorrows afterwards or most probably slap him hard on the face in front of everybody. Gaara preferred the latter to happen.

That way, everyone would know that they broke up and she won't disturb him with her obsession for him again. His whole afternoon was spent lounging in his apartment and tending to his cacti until it was finally time for the party. After a quick shower, Gaara threw on a pale blue tank top and a pair of jeans that were ripped at the knees.

He didn't bother with his hair because it was a hopeless cause, he just ran a comb through it and applied kohl around his eyes to hide his prominent eye bags. In fifteen minutes, Gaara grabbed a jacket and was out the door. He had to pick up Borami from her place before driving to the venue.