Twelve

I am sorry for the unexplained hiatus! I would've normally informed you that I would be going on a break but I didn't. Accept my apology in form of this chapter. Enjoy reading!

***

Fuu wiped her tears and folded the letter neatly, tucking it in her camera case so that it would always be with her. She had no time to waste. Her search for Gaara started now.

-

When Fuu got back to Taigakure or Hidden Waterfall she was hailed as a hero because her report promoted their magazine and improved the media house overall but she felt empty. Doing that was at the expense of staying away from Gaara and getting him angry at her.

Maybe she might have not cared about it when she first infiltrated the Sabaku mansion under the guise of an amateur travel writer, her work and promotion was all that mattered back then, but now Fuu thought differently. She didn't want Gaara staying without knowing how sorry she was for betraying his trust.

It took a lot of guts to quit her job especially after there was a promotion for her to go on a wild goose chase for the runaway red head. If there was anything Gaara was good at, it was hiding from the public. That was why he went on so many hiatuses without the media getting a scoop of his location.

But Fuu was going to find him, wild goose chase or not. She was determined and had formulated a plan on how to go about it, and she was ready. If she wanted to find Gaara she needed information about him. Going to Bunraku HQ was the first thing on her list to do.

The journey back to Suna was a bit tiring because of her frayed nerves. She really hoped that Kankuro would have a way of contacting Gaara and actually tell her about it. Fuu wasn't sure how she was going to face Temari after all these if she met her at Bunraku HQ. Sure, the blond knew who she really was before the magazine was dropped but she didn't say anything which in itself was scary.

Fuu didn't wait to relax after checking into a hotel and went straight for the theatre while it was yet day. "Hello Miss, how may I help you?" The receptionist greeted her with a pleasant customer friendly smile.

"I am here to see Mr. Sabaku no Kankuro please." Fuu requested.

"Do you have an appointment?" She knew that the receptionist would ask her this question but she didn't have an appointment. "I'm sorry, you can not see him without one." The woman politely declined when she was told that Fuu didn't have an appointment.

"Can you please tell him that Sichibi Chomei Fuu wants to see him? I'd wait if need be." Fuu pleaded. The receptionist was about to phone Kankuro's secretary when a new voice intruded the conversation.

"Fuu?"

Fuu whipped around at the mention of her name. "Temari-san!" She gasped.

"That's alright, she's with me. Thank you." Temari informed the receptionist who gave a respectful bow and dropped the phone. "This way, Fuu." The blond led the darker woman up a series of stairs before entering an office.

The room was beautifully decorated with cream walls and brown furniture. Temari's office table was a few feet away from the brown meeting couches and was decorated with pictures of her and her siblings and that of her and her fiance with small plants.

"Have a seat." Temari gestured to the comfortable looking couches while she went to prepare tea. "Would you like some tea?" She asked the nervous woman.