Thirteen

Dear Gaara,

I hope you would forgive me one day. I am very deeply sorry.

Dear Gaara,

I won't stop apologising until you know the extent of how sorry I am.

Dear Gaara,

How was your day? Mine was not that good because I realised that quitting my job meant no income. Hope yours was better than mine.

Happy birthday Gaara!

I wish I was there with you to throw confetti and perhaps a party. That's just wistful thinking. Enjoy your new age.

Dear Gaara,

I got a new job as a photographer  for an event center and started doing web design. I really enjoy it here but it'll be better if I could see you again.

Dear Gaara,

Next week is my birthday but I don't feel any excited. I've been having a relatively bad day but writing to you makes me calm down even though you might never be reading this or just ignoring me.

Dear Gaara,

Today is my birthday. I bought myself a dress, do you like it?

*attached picture*

I heard that they started a new cactus garden at Konoha central park. I bet you would love to see it. I'm going there today. I wish I could meet you but that's just me being a dreamer, right?

It had been well over a year now since Fuu last spoke with or saw Gaara, and over a year since she began typing random messages to the old email address. She knew that it was futile to hope for a reply especially after a year has passed and she got no reply or assurance that Gaara even saw the messages but she never stopped.

If by some miracle Gaara actually replied to her, she would be so happy. The dress she bought stopped just a few centimeters above her knees. It was a pretty white dress with orange trimmings, the colour combination of which accentuated her chocolatey complexion.

Today Fuu decided to doll up so she had her hair done and did a bit of a make over. She looked as pretty as the blooming cacti flowers in the central park. The sun was mild upon the skin because of the slightly overcast sky but it was a wonderful day. Not too hot and not too cool, the atmosphere was perfect.

The flower garden in the park caused the fresh flowery scent that permeated the park's air. Fuu waved to the park rangers and appreciated their good work of keeping the place clean and conducive for everyone. Those people did a helluva hard work they just needed appreciation.

The dark woman took a few self portraits with the cacti and the pictures of some she knew Gaara would like. After admiring the garden Fuu sat on a bench watching children play around with the geese in the pond or with the parakeets that liked to visit the park.

Fuu had no idea how much time she spent enjoying the tranquillity of the park and the warm heat of the sun hitting her back. She was brought out of her inner musings when she felt somebody sit next to her. The woman turned around with a gasp only to let her breath out in a disappointed one.

She smiled and waved at the man that sat next to her good naturedly before returning her gaze to the pond where the geese were now bathing. What was she thinking? That Gaara would actually come to visit her at the park? The woman gave a forlorn sigh. Yeah right, as if.