: 27 :

He whipped his head around to face Calla

He whipped his head around to face Calla. Under the dark and stormy weather, he could still see the blood that was forming around her bullet wound. It spread so quickly.

Her hands that were behind his back were now brought up to her chest. She gripped it as if it could make the pain she felt lessen.

His stomach dropped.

Pulling her into his chest, she started to lose her balance. The weight she felt on her feet was too heavy.

Both of them fell to the ground and Stefano placed her head onto his chest. One hand was caressing her head, getting the hair out of her face, and the other held her hands that were pressing against the bullet wound.

"C, baby, everything is going to be okay. You're going to be okay."

She slowly nodded and for the first time, she was afraid of dying.

"It hurts."

"I know C."

"I-I don't want to die Stef..."

As he stared into her eyes, he could tell. Her eyes told it all. He had never seen her so scared and afraid of dying. The girl he once knew didn't even blink an eye when encountered with death.

"And you won't. I won't let that happen. It won't happen. We are going to start our own family, two boys and two girls, or however many you want..."

He rambled on and on, about anything and everything.

Her eyes felt so heavy and a part of her just wanted to close them, but she couldn't, she didn't want to stop seeing Stefano. She thought, what if this was the last time I was going to see him?

"Baby, keep your eyes open for me all right. Just a couple more minutes."

Calla tried her best to keep her eyes open, but she could feel the blood filling her lungs, slowly killing her.

"Y-you'll be fine. We'll get married and we can have vanilla as our wedding cake," he said as he wiped the rain off her face.

"I-I prefer red... velvet for cakes."

"Yes, right, of course! Vanilla is only for cupcakes."

Her gorgeous brown irises that Stefano loved to stare at were slowly disappearing.

"Goddammit! Where are they!?"

"It's okay..."

"No! No, it's not."

Rocking back and forth, he wanted Calla to talk to him.

He needed her.

"I need you to stay awake, talk to me. Ask me anything."

"Remember when you s-said your favourite colour was brown?"

Her voice was so hoarse.

"Yes, I do."