Chapter 2

The next evening as the family was eating dinner, Alice Adams, the mother of the two brothers, stated, "I saw the fight on TV today. You did good against the three sisters and Gration, Jayden. You did well in containing the statues, Andrew."

"But what I don't understand is why they were there in the first place," Jayden states with a small frown on his face. "I understand why Medusa was, but not Gration, Lamia, or Naga."

"I think they were there just to cause mayhem," Andrew said, thinking. "I mean, think about it. Why else would they be here? If they wanted something different, then they wouldn't have caused so much damage."

"It can't be as simple as that," Jayden stated. "There has to be something more to it. But what?"

"It could've been a distraction," Alice suggested as her sons looked at her. "What allies were, or are, in prison right now?"

"Espina," Andrew began. "That Spanish woman with the power to manipulate plants that we fought a few years ago."

"Darcun," Jayden started with a scowl. "He is also in the nearest prison."

"One of our most dangerous enemies," Andrew stated. "And he could be out now. And this time, working for Dark King, Purgatory."

That name sent chills down their spines. Purgatory was, and still is, considered to be one of the most dangerous Elitists to ever live. His ability to control the darkness in people and shadows, in general, is very deadly. He almost managed to kill Jayden two years ago, before allowing the hero to live.

"Demetria," Alice began as she thought of her old friend that she worked with a few times in the past before she became the villain known as Eis. "She's also in prison, but in France."

"Purgatory has men stationed in France and all across Europe," Jayden started thinking. "Including the Slavic region. So he might have gone after Dogoda. The villain that nearly defeated you, Andrew, had it not been for your raw power."

Andrew nodded, his mind flashing back to that fight.

"Arae," Jayden stated. "The woman who can recreate any ancient curses from tombs and such. She was also in prison for killing a politician."

Alice nodded, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"He might be rebuilding his army," Alice suggested. "We barely defeated him last time, so to prevent his defeat again, he would want to have a larger army. A strong one at that."

"So he sent the villains that we fought today so that he could start building his army of very powerful Elitists," Andrew stated. "Which means we'd have to get our own. But with whom can we start? Eclipse?"

"Maybe," Alice began. "But I have a feeling that she will be a little hard to convince. What are her powers?"

"Lunar Energy Manipulation," Jayden stated. "I don't know all she can do, but I do know that she can focus it into blasts of silver energy and create healing mist."

"She's one of their descendants then," Alice muttered to herself, before getting up and heading to a bookcase where she pulled two books out and walked back over to the table. "I think it's time I told you about True-Bloods."

"True-Bloods?" the brothers asked in unison.

"When a family has Elitists for ten or so generations, they are considered to be True-Bloods," Alice explained. "But when a family that has no powers, and suddenly gives birth to a new Elitist, then that Elitist is what is called a New-Blood."

"So we are both True-Bloods," Jayden began. "And Eclipse is also one?"

"I believe so," Alice replied. "If she is, then that means her mother is the one that used to be called, Selyne. But she vanished a little over fifteen years ago."