Listening - Tubbo

"Guys, I got Breath of the Wild the other day!"

Tubbo was talking about his new switch game, he always talked about it with me and Tommy. He doesn't really like talking about things he enjoys with anyone unless they're close with him. It's kind of the same thing with his name, he's only comfortable with his best friends calling him Toby. Which I totally understand, whatever he is comfortable with and happy with, then so am I. Including the Zelda game he has been talking about for a while now.

A few minutes ago, Wilbur, Phil, Ranboo, all the people joined our call. I didn't really know why, they just popped in. It was cool at first, finally talking to everyone in one call so no one is left out. Unfortunately, having so many people in one call, makes it chaotic. Especially with Tommy and Wilbur in the call. Phil tried calming them down earlier, but gave up. He could just leave with Techno since that's all he's talking to. It just makes more sense.

"Really? You wanted that for so long!"

I responded to Tubbo so he knows I'm still in his conversation, unlike some other people. When Tubbo responded back, more hyped, I knew that simple comment was enough to keep him going. He alwyas has so much energy, he could talk for hours with so much excitement in everything. I dont know how he does it, but he does.

"You know I read this interesting fact the other day.."
"The one about anteaters?"
"Yes! The bloody anteaters!"

Wilbur and Philza start talking, which I guess is fine. It doesn't matter that Tubbo was already talking, apparently Wilburs burning hatred for anteaters is more important. That's fine. That's completely fine.

"In the game, I found this really cool armor set."

I was about to ask more about the armor but Tommy started bickering with Wilbur about his recent stream. He did speedruns for like the first time, it was a pretty funny stream to be honest. I waited for him to finish so I wouldn't interrupt him, only for Techno to start talking instead.

"I found it-"
"Just get over the anteaters, Wilbur!"
"What do you mean "just get over-"
"You're giving me a headache."

So many people just completely disregarded that Tubbo was speaking. what is their problem? He was talking first, this is his vc, and he's been wanting to talk about the game for so long- this situation would piss anyone off. Particularly me, right now.

"Guys?"

How is Tubbo so cute? Without even trying? He's so adorable and everyone is completely ignoring that! That's, that's not fair to Tubbo! Why are they doing this? He was talking!

"Everyone SHUT UP!"

I practically screamed in the call, making everyone instantly go silent. I'm tired of everything they do that hurst others without ever realizing that it does. Tubbo? Was just being ignored. Tommy? Never gets taken seriously. Wilbur? The only person who ever seems to talk to him is Tommy, plus me. I love this group, so much. They're all my friends, some for a few years, some only for one. But they're all good people. And yet they do so much stupid shit.

"Can anyone tell me what Tubbo just said?"

Again. Silence. I could tell Tommy was struggling but that doesn't help. Ranboo tries but apologizes. I don't really want to blame Ranboo, as he has memory problems and there were so many conversations at once. He can't write down everything, he only has one hand to write with. I

"No? Huh, how funny is that? You come into me and Tubbo's call, ignore him, start your own conversations, interrupt him. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I sigh and privately message Tubbo and ask if he's okay. He says "Yes, thank you <3". See? Who could possibly ignore such an adorable little bee? I message him back, before going back to everyone else.

"It really pisses me off. I couldn't even talk to him in my own vc! Nobody cares about your stupid passion about anteaters. Your stream was funny Tommy but you're being a dick. Phil, you're old! You're wise! Techno... honestly I'm scared to death of you but I never ignore you, nobody likes being left out."

I take my headphones off for a second and rub my face. I catch my breath and try to calm down before I say anything else. I always ramble when I'm upset and sometimes it comes out differently than I wanted it to. When I put them back on, my heart just melts. Tubbo is talking. He's happy again. Everyone is listening to him, engaging in the conversation.

"So I found this really cool horse, right? It checked its stats in the stable, it has so much stamina it's mental!"

I smile. Seeing Tubbo happy makes me happy. As does seeing anyone else happy. It's a good feeling. I join the conversation again and everything is finally at peace. Only one person talks at a time, except when someone wants to make a quick joke which is fine. Tubbo has his moment. I'm just happy. I love them.

Tubbo messaged you: thank you again :)