Chapter 7: Lion Skin

I know I havn't posted anything in a while, sorry. I've been kind of busy with other things and havn't been able to actually sit down and write anything. But trust me, i have ideas it's not writers block. Okay maybe a little bit lolz.

Song: "Lion Skin" by Hands Like Houses

_______________________________________________________________________________

Slowly awakening, Oliver groaned deeply as the feeling of a metal chain being wrapped around his head sunk in. But it was his own fault, he knew every time he snapped a little like he had last night, and cried a lot, he’d have a massive head ache in the morning. It was like an emotional hangover, but without having his head in the toilet for the majority of the day.  At least it was a Saturday. No school. A day for him to recover.

Dragging his body down stairs, Oliver rubbed his eyes tiredly not even looking where he was going but ended up in the kitchen. As he pulled a bottle of water from the fridge he suddenly heard a voice from behind him.

“Hey there Ollie-Pop.” Ryder smirked.

Grabbing his chest, Oliver whirled around panting. “The fuck!”

“You okay? ‘Ya Look like you just saw a ghost.” Ryder laughed softly shaking his head.

“What the hell?! How did you get in here?”

“Your Uncle let me in through the front door.”

“What? Why?” Oliver arched a brow.

“Um. . . Oliver? I was Seth’s and Aiden’s friend first, dude. Your family has known me since I was like eight.” Ryder hopped down from the counter with a slight smile. Oliver didn’t notice till now, but his childhood crush was standing in his kitchen naked and bare from the waist up. The mere sight of his toned, slim, and muscular tanned skin made Oliver quiver in his skin, but he tried he hardest not to show it. If he did that would mean Ryder won and Ollie was determined to never let that happen.

“You okay?” Ryder asked arching a brow a little confused by the long silence Oliver had left him with.

Fuck! Did he notice I was looking at him? What should I do? Act cool maybe he didn’t notice.

“Jeeze, Ollie Pop.” Ryder chuckled as he walked past the small boy ruffling his hair. “Stop checking me out, it’s rude to stare ya’ know.”

Fuck he saw me staring!

“I wasn’t staring!” Oliver tried to yell back as Ryder headed for the steps.

“Yeah, I know. You were thinking deeply with no interruptions. Right?” He chuckled deeply rolling his eyes having heard his little friend plead his case before with the same excuse.

“I wasn’t going to say that y’know.” Oliver argued leaning against the counter crossing his arms.

“Then what where you going to say?”

Oliver paused for a moment trying to come up with the quickest lie he could. But, when he went to open his mouth to prove his snarky childhood know it all friend wrong nothing came out. He stuttered there for a moment and froze. He couldn’t lie, he couldn’t make anything up. There was nothing.

Ryder gave him an odd look as Oliver stood there with a blank expression. “Did you suddenly forget how to talk?”

“Shut up,” Oliver chuckled “You caught me at a bad time is all.”

Ryder shook his head and laughed softly as Oliver grabbed his bag from the side of the counter, throwing it over his shoulder and across his chest. As he did so his journal suddenly slipped out of his bag and to the floor.