Chapter 2: To Plant A Seed

TItle: "To Plant A Seed" by We Came As Romans

Photo: Niomi Sukima (don't know who it is and i dont own it in any way.)

     _______________________________________________

 Looking through his locker, Oliver suddenly felt like something had been missing. Not from his locker but his day. There was somebody or something that was supposed to be there but was wasn’t. The more he pondered on the thought the more it bugged him.

            Just then he felt a sudden tackle come from behind him nearly smacking him face first into the locker next to his. Looking over his shoulder, pressed up against the wall, Oliver smiled cheerfully as his best friend, and childhood friend, Niomi kisses his cheek. There was his missing link!

            “Ello my sexy Asian dyke!” Oliver sang playfully as he reached behind him and ruffled her short black hair. She roared in laughter being the only time she’d accept being called a dyke without knocking that persons lights out their ass.

            “Ello my sexy Kangaroo Fag.” Niomi sang back.

            Oliver stood there with a blank expression trying to figure the joke out then laughed with delay finally getting it.

            Haha, I get it. Cause I “jump” around from guy to guy. Clever little bitch.

            He thought to himself.

            “So,” Niomi began as she climbed off of him and leaned against the locker beside Oliver’s. “Where were you last night?”

            “Some guy’s dorm over at…” Oliver stopped in mid-sentence as he something down the hall caught his eye. A familiar face passing by, it felt like, but the face was there and gone. Even so, the sudden eerie feeling of something familiar washed over Oliver. Like he’d just seen a ghost.

            Snapping her fingers in front of his face Niomi snapped her poor ADD ridden friend out of his trance and back to his original thought.

            “Oh yeah, sorry. Some guys dorm somewhere.” Oliver answered lazily.

            “Can’t even bother to remember his name or at least the name of the school anymore?” Niomi chuckled rolling her eyes as Oliver flipped his locker closed.

            “What’s the use?” Oliver retorted with a smirk. “I use men like girls use tampons. One then done. Except I need men more than once a month.”

            Niomi laughed at Oliver’s poor analogy of his sleeping habits.

            When it came down to it, Oliver wasn’t really a people person. Okay, he was social and liked making friends but he never really could keep the friendship rolling without bumps in the road that threw them out the window. Why Niomi had stuck around for so long could have been the fact that she never really seemed to be bother by Oliver’s self-destructive behavior, as others saw it. Or it could be that she knew him since they were grade schoolers, but either way she was one close friend he couldn’t shake off and live without.

            “Fag!” Oliver heard from down the hall, but shrugged off not being the first time he’d heard.

            “Cunt Sucker!” Niomi yelled back flipping the douche bag the bird. Oliver couldn’t help but smile and laugh at Niomi as he purposely bumping against her arm.