Chapter 1: Selfish Machines

A/N: A couple disclaimers so i don't get readers throwing their poo at me. 

First disclaimer - The names of the Chapters are names of songs or albums. Some of the names i pick have a reason others just fist the theme of the chapter. 

Second disclaimer - the pictures i use aren't mine. I edited them but i did not take them. Most of them I make sure i know who's in the pictures so i give them credit atleast. 

This Chapter's picture is of Oliver Hills the main character. (Model is of the Boy Crush porns star, Miles Pride)

_____________________________________________

Quick on his feet, Oliver made a mad dash down the hallway towards his first period class while cursing the fact he’d set his alarm a little too late forgetting exactly how far the college campus had been from the school. With that he’d given himself half an hour to make a forty-five minute trip.

            On a regular basis he wouldn’t even of cared whether he was in class or not, but if he was late one more time he’d be suspended for nearly a month! This didn’t really matter to Oliver, but the last thing he wanted was for his Uncle to get on his ass for it.

            Just as the bell rang, Oliver was able to squeeze his foot in the door of his first block English class and collapse in his seat near the back. When he looked up, nearly the whole class was looking at him in disbelief the he was there. Oliver tilted his head in confusion.

            Damn, I don’t skip class THAT much people.

            He thought to himself when the class started to avert their eyes back up at the teacher, just now entering the class room. Mr.Manson looked over the class with a weird expression on his face.

            “Why are you all looking at me like that?” He asked, with an arched brow.

            Oliver couldn’t help but chuckle at his remark, as did the class. When Mr.Manson started taking attendance people raised their hands calling “here” and “huh” and even in the most annoying cases “present”. Oliver gritted his teeth at the morons who tried to stick out as teacher’s bitch by saying the little good boy virgin way of saying “here”.

            When Mr.Manson had finished with the H’s Oliver had yet to hear his name being called.

            “Mr.Manson?” Oliver raised his hand as the young teacher looked back at him. “You didn’t call my name.”

            “Oh, well you’re never here so I just skipped it.” He said with a playful smirk.

            Oliver threw his hands up. “I’m not gone that much! Damn!”

            Mr.Manson chuckled. “I know, I was kidding. I already saw.”

            Oliver only rolled his eyes with a smile as he continued with his list.

            Out of all his teachers, Oliver liked Mr.Manson the best. He’d been the only one who hadn’t looked down on him because he was gay and never judged him based on how “good” he was in school. Mr.Manson was young, charming, and artistic. He had that calm and free personality that made him a very popular teacher with his students. He always saw the good in students and thought that there were no bad students, just troubled.

            Oliver wanted to listen and pay attention but the way Mr.Manson taught, the way he spoke, just made his mind wonder with fantasy. There was nothing more motiviation, to Oliver, then a piece of ass he wanted but couldn’t have. However, he knew that there was a difference in things he couldn’t have and things he could not have. Oliver was a young sixteen year old boy who was left for dead by his parents in the care of his uncle and slept around with more men than Linsey Lohan and Britney Spears combined. Mr.Manson was twenty-five, has a wife and new baby girl, and has probably never wanted a cock in his life.

            “Oliver?”

            Oliver, snapping out of his train of thought, he looked up at Mr.Manson standing in front of his desk.

            “Yeah?” Oliver replied.

            “Is everything okay?”

            Oliver smiled. “Yeah, why?”

            Mr.Manson chuckled. “Because class is over and you’ve been sitting here for almost five minutes.”

            Oliver glanced around the room, seeing an empty room blushing softly in embarrassment. “Oh,” He said getting to his feet and throwing his bag across his chest. “Sorry.”

            “Staring into space again?” Mr.Manson asked with a chuckle.

            Oliver smiled softly. “No, more like thinking without distraction.”

            “Well, while you were having your heart to heart with your thoughts we started reading this. I think you might like it.”

            Mr.Manson handed Oliver a ruffed up version of To Kill A Mockingbird. Taking it, Oliver sighed as the size of the book.

            Great, ANOTHER book with no pictures.

            He groaned in his head.

            “I know, I know,” Mr.Manson laughed softly. “Another novel with no pictures.”

            Oliver glared up at him with the most creeped out face.

            “But I know you’ll like it.”

            Oliver looked up at his teacher, his smile making him want to melt right then and there.

                                                              * * * * * *

            The rest of the day Oliver tried his best to pay attention but Mr.Manson’s words kept bouncing around his head.

            What did he mean by “I know You’ll like it”. Is it ‘bout gay guys? A prostitute? 101 guide to avoid suffocating families? And why would think I’d even read it in the first place? I’ve never read the required books they give us for English. Didn’t read Huck Fin, and got in trouble for crossing the title out with a sharpie and putting “Hick the Dumbass Wonder and His Ethnic Boy Toy”. I thought it was pretty damn funny and more accurate than the actual title.

            These thoughts clouded Oliver’s mind till the best sound in the world was heard. The final bell. When that bell went off, the sweet sound of its freedom echoed through the halls as I raced towards them. When that bell went off was always the first out. Always.