Chapter 5: Bite My Tongue

Title: Song "Bite My Tongue" by You Me at Six (ft.Ollie Skies)

Photo on the side: Ryder Starre (Kenneth Nixon-Lead Singer from the band Four Letter Lie)

__________________________________________________________

“He’s having the nightmares again.” Seth sighed as he watched the road.

                “It’s only been a year.” Seth’s father said as he laid his bead back in the passenger seat. “I’m surprised he hasn’t been having them more frequently. He has to be doing something else to let out all the angst.”               

                “Is that why you’ve been so soft on him lately?” Seth asked glancing at his father. “Like him cutting class, blowing off curfew, the attitude?”

                Greg nodded. “I know this is just a healing process.”

                Seth gripped the steering wheel, worried. “What if it’s not?”

                Greg only chuckled at his son as he looked out the window. “Seth, hun, I’ve known that kid since the day he was born. Hell, I was around him more then his own god-forsaken father was. I know that kid. It’s not like him to act like this. Before his mother died he was always well-behaved, peppy, free loving, and kind. Just like his mother. He’s just grieving in the only way he knows how too. “

                “I guess you’re right, all I’m scared of is that he’ll get himself into something dangerous and we won’t be able to help him. Like that kid at school he mouthed off to for making fun of Niomi. We might understand and put up with how he act, but others aren’t so forgiving.”

                Greg ran a hand through his hair with a soft sigh. “I know, but we just have to let this course play out and watch him. Make sure he doesn’t fall to far into the dark.”

                                                                * * *  * * * *

                For once, Oliver was actually the first one to school. The hallways were empty and barren, perfect for a mad dash down the hall and swiftly dodging teachers and trashcans.

                How could I of possibly of forgotten my bag on the ground when I got in that stupid fight!

                Slipping into the main office he was suddenly thrusted back to the ground with a thud. Sitting up, rubbing his chest with a groan, Oliver looked up to what he’d bumped into fearing it was something else to kick his ass. With a sigh of relief Mr.Manson’s hand extended out to him.

                “You okay their, buddy.” He chuckled with that charming smile of his that made Oliver melt in place. A little embarrassed that he just ran into his favorite teacher, literally, made the young boy’s cheeks flush with red. Taking Mr.Manson’s hand Oliver was helped up as his original goal of finding his bag had been forgotten.

                “Sorry bout that.” Oliver smiled sheepishly rubbing the bump on his head.

                Mr.Manson shook his head in amusement as he ruffled his hair. “It’s okay, but why are you here so early?”

                Oliver debated whether to actually tell the man what had happened or lie his way out of it like it usually did.  “There was a little fight in the hall the other day and I lost my bag in the process.”