Chapter 4: Love Bites

Title: "Love Bites (So Do I)" by Halestorm

Photo on the side: Aiden Hills (Max Barnes-Baissis for the band You Me at Six)

_____________________________________________________________

“Oliver.”

            A woman’s voice called out softly, her voice as sweet as an angel’s from heaven and as soft as the petals of a rose. I looked up at the door at the end of the hallway, hearing my name being called again, beckoning me to come to it.

            “Mother?” I called out.

            “Of course, who else would it be?” My mother giggles softly.

            Pushing my body from the ground I rushed down the hallways and swung down door open.

            “Moth-!”

            My cry for joy was suddenly cut short as my mother’s angelic body laid dead on the ground to suddenly combust into flames.

            Oliver’s chest tightened as he gasped for air and shot awake.

            “Mother, no!” Oliver cried out as he sat up in his bed panting franticly.

            Seth nearly fell off his bed, on the other side of the room, as Oliver awoke. Glancing around, it took Oliver a while to float back to reality from his horrendous nightmare. Looking over to his cousin on the floor Oliver tilted his head.

            “Seth why are you on the floor?” Oliver asked.

            Sitting up, rubbing his head, Seth looked over to Oliver and shook his head laughing.

            “Why are you laughing?” Oliver giggles softly as Seth got to his feet and ruffled his small cousin’s hair.

            “Nothing, you’re so adorable.”

            Oliver blushed softly at his cousin and smiled pawing at Seth’s hand. “Stop,” He whined playfully, “I’m not a little kid anymore.”

            “Could have fooled me.” Seth smiled sitting back on his bed-putting boots on over his dark faded skinny jeans. “So, how bad did you get it yesterday?”

            “Not that bad actually. Uncle Greg grounded me for a week.”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah, why?” Oliver asked tilting his head.

            “If Aiden or me pulled what you pulled, we’d never see the light of day again.” Seth said with a chuckle as he got to his feet and headed towards the hallway. Oliver threw the covers off his body, still in the same clothes as he’d been in the day before, and fallowed Seth down stairs.

            “You don’t think he went easy on me because I got decked by that guy at school?”

            Seth shrugged. “Maybe. I know I would. Plus he knows you better than your own father did. He knows yelling and keeping you in a cage does shit.”

            “Maybe he’s not yelling at you enough.” Aiden, Seth’s semi-identical, twin brother mocked Oliver as the two entered the kitchen. 

            “Well he yells at you constantly, and you’re still an ass.” Oliver barked back.

            Aiden gritted his teeth jammed his shoulder into Oliver’s as he passed by.  “At least I didn’t sleep with a guy twice my age.”

            “Wait, what?” Seth gasped as he turned around from the fridge, a bottle of water in his hand. The expression on his face tore Oliver from the inside out. Disappointment and appall.

            “Who the fuck told you that bull!” Oliver snapped back at Aiden.

            “One of the guys at my work told me ‘bout.”

            “Well how the hell do you know if it was me?” Oliver commented feeling like such a smarty-pants having this lie in the bag!

            “Because he said the guy left this behind.” With a smirk on his face Aiden suddenly slipped out a dark stone necklace with a hemp shaped leaf rock as the pendant. Oliver’s clever little smile quickly faded as he glanced down to his neck not believing he didn’t even notice the necklace was gone to begin with.          

            “Oliver, is that yours?” Seth snapped a glair to Oliver who glanced between the two with big innocent puppy eyes scared of what Seth would think of him now. Yes the two were tighter then brothers, but not even Seth knew about Oliver’s “sleeping” habits. Only Niomi.

            “No, I mean yes, but I don’t know where your greasy nasty co-worker got that.” Oliver shouted trying to turn the conversation around and failing.

            “Sorry, Olive pit,” Aiden smirk victoriously as he tossed the necklace over to him. “Can’t sweet talk your way out of this one.”

            “I told you it’s not mine!” Oliver barked as he shoved the necklace away.

            “When are you going to stop lying to yourself and face the fact that you’re nothing but a no good dirt-“

            “What’s going on in here.” Greg chuckled as he entered the room.

            The room fell silent as Seth and Aiden’s father entered the kitchen with a coffee mug in hand and a rough draft from work in the others. Using one of the bar stool chairs Greg started putting things into his bag. He glanced around at his two sons and nephew with an arched brow.

            “Did I walk in on a private conversation?” Greg chuckled again as an awkward silence filled the room. 

            Aiden eyed Oliver quickly with a smirk on his face as he walked by and slipped the necklace around his finger and dropped it into the trashcan as Greg flipped his messenger bag over his shoulder.

            I’ll fucking get him back for this.

                                                                              * * * * *

                Oliver sat in Mr.Manson’s class, gritting his teeth in anger.

                I left my bag. How the FUCK could I have left my bag on the ground when I got into that fight with Bryan? How did I not notice it was gone when I was going home? I mean, am I THAT empty headed?

                “Oliver?” Mr.Manson called from the front of the class.

                Oliver, snapping out of his little yell at your self you fucking moron session, he looked up at his teacher trying not to blush.

                “Hm?” Oliver hummed.

                “I said, what’s your opinion on Boo’s situations?”

                Oliver sat there for a moment trying to understand exactly what the hell he was talking about.

                Boo? Who the fuck is-

                Just then it hit him. His eyes went big as his chest tightened. He forgot to read the book, Mr.Manson had given him. In any other classroom this wouldn’t matter to Oliver, but this was Mr.Manson. He couldn’t stand letting him down and the look on his favorite teacher’s angelic face made Oliver feel lower then he has in years.

                For the rest of the day, Oliver read the book he was suppose to of read before hand. He was going to make this up to Mr.Manson. He was going to prove he wasn’t as bad as the teachers made him out to be.