The Other Side

Third Person | Tanaka Ryunosuke

*Beep*
//i know Japan's number is different but leave my American ass alone lmao

"911 what's your emergency?" a soft female voice came through.

"Hi yes, I'm calling to report my friend as missing, their mother hasn't seen him since he got home yesterday. She's tried to call him but his phone was in a trash can inside of his bedroom." Daichi spoke with ease, being able to keep his nerves down enough.

"Oh, wow, umm yeah would you mind telling me a few details about him?" her voice stumbled over some words. Clearly not used to the job yet.

"His name is Nishinoya Yu, he's a high school student, very short in the 5'2" range, with a blonde streak in his hair."

"Alright should I call this number back if they find him?"

"Yes Ma'am thank you very much."

"Have a nice day."

Sugawara looks up from Tanaka who's still laying there with his head down on the table. "We're good right Daichi? Are they going to look for him?" Suga questioned moving his hand up and down Tanaka's back.

"Yeah, but do you think we could pair the team off together in groups and take the day to look for him. I know that 'most' of us probably won't be able to focus on classes." The captain gestures to Tanaka.

"We'd probably have to get permission from the school first. Kiyoko, would you mind going up there? I'm going to stay with Tanaka for a bit." Suga hummed.

"I can round up the team in the court, we had morning practice scheduled today,, they should all be waiting." Daichi leans down. "We'll find him, don't worry." he smiled before leaving the club room followed closely by Kiyoko.

Suga sighed softly forcing Tanaka to look up at him. "Do you know of any reason he'd be acting this way? If you have anything that might be related to this, you have to tell me." Koushi looked away, watching as Tanaka spoke up.

"I-I don't know... He's been distant, I feel like he's avoiding me. He was staring off into space a lot.. And actually, now that I think about it... He only acted differently when Kiyoko was around..." Tanaka stopped talking. "I swear if she did something to hurt him." his voice lowered as he growled, going to stand until An arm tugged him back down.

"Sometimes I wonder if you do need a leash, Kiyoko has done nothing to him, he hasn't spoken to anyone but me or you in the last 24 hours. "

"Why was he talking to you?" The bald male's brows furrowed.

"He wasn't feeling well yesterday, he was having a migraine most of the day" Sugawara sighed. "Even so we only spoke over text."

Tanaka's eyes softened, he felt a burning sensation rise at the bridge of his nose. He swallowed as he pulled his hands in front of his face. Sugawara was quick to pull him into a hug, rocking him back and forth just a bit "Hey, it's okay, don't worry. We'll find him I promise you."

----Back to the present----

Third Person | Yu Nishinoya

His heart was racing out of his chest as he quickly jogged down the sidewalk. Paying no mind to the people he passed, he had to get away from the schools, more specifically Nekoma High. In his mind, none of the other guys from volleyball would know him well enough to point him out in a crowd.

And as such he rushed through the streets, one foot after the other booking it out of the school zone. While it might have been a safer option to stay hidden till school actually started. He didn't want to chance an encounter with the police.

//muahahah cliff hanger I guess.. Ahhh I'm trying to write more short bursts since the lyrics arent fitting yet 😚