Wish I were Heather

Before he could do anything his phone beeped...

____________ 

Third Person | Yu Nishinoya 

Noya stared down at his phone as a message from Suga appeared. He let out a small huff before putting his phone on airplane mode and shoving it back into his pocket. It's not like he'd be able to read them with the consistent stream of tears rolling down his cheeks. It wasn't something he didn't expect to happen. He knew from the start there was no chance of being able to even tell Tanaka about his feelings. Nothing could have changed his love for Kiyoko.

He didn't care what messages were coming through, he didn't need to be there for the team anymore

He didn't care what messages were coming through, he didn't need to be there for the team anymore. All of his friends were third years anyway. Karasuno could play without their guardian. As his vision clouded with the salty tears he stopped looking ahead to his house before making his final dash.  Nishinoya pushed through his front door once more ignoring his family's worried questions and slamming the door to his room. After practically yeeting his phone into the trash he began packing a bag shoving shirts and pants into his backpack. Muttering to himself about everything he should've done better. Minutes passed of him just pushing clothes into a bag before he zipped it up and swung it over his shoulder. 

Without a second thought, he climbed out of his window and onto the grass. taking in one last look at his bedroom before heading off. His mind was jumping from conclusions. Thinking about what if she wasn't into Tanaka. What if Tanaka didn't mean anything by that. 

'It's just polyester.'

First Person| Yu Nishinoya 

There is no way that was the case. Tanaka talks about her too much not to mean anything by giving her his jacket. He loves her, I know he loves her more than anything. I never stood a chance next to her. Even as friends, I know that Tanaka would just abandon me for her. If Kiyoko asked him to stop being my friend. He'd do it, and I'd just let it happen, he deserves to be happy.  

Life wasn't made to be everything you dreamed of. Real-life wasn't like those fairytales, not everyone will get that 'Happy ending'. He gave me his sweater... and was just annoyed. I had to ask for it.. Kiyoko doesn't even have to try...

'But you like her better.'

I feel the cold winter air on my hands. My fingers are already practically numb.. no one is here to help me with my cold hands now. I don't have that friend who will give me jackets when I forget. The one person I've ever had is gone, I didn't even get to say goodbye.. He's just gone. Like I will be... I'll just get to Tokyo.. Yaku would probably let me stay... I'll become a team manager. I just want to get out of Miyagi.. maybe Tokyo isn't far enough. I guess I'll just keep walking till I find a place I can sleep.

'I wish I were Heather'

// SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG! SCHOOL GOT IN THE WAY BUT HERES A LONG-AWAITED UPDATE