Episode 1x03 Grounds For Action

Velocity

Season 1

Episode 3

Opens with DAYTON heading into the RCPD.

Lawton: Morning, Malick.

Dayton: Lawton. Dom check in this morning?

Lawton: Believe it or not, he actually did.

Dayton: [surprised] You know where he is?

Lawton: He's talking to Thawne right now. I can get him for you if you want.

Dayton: No, don't worry about it.

Lawton: You sure? You seem kinda shaken up. Is everything alright?

Dayton: I'm fine Lawton, but thanks for asking.

Lawton: [realisation] That was almost 2 years ago.

Dayton: He wasn't there. I don't think he knows.

Lawton: I'll let you two hash that out, I know what it means to you that you tell him.

Dayton: It would mean even more that I catch that new guy.

Lawton: If it were me, I'd just spend some time with Dom now that he's back. You don't know what could happen in the future. You don't want to get so invested in a case that you push everyone away again.

Dayton: Get back to work, Lawton.

Lawton: Yes sir.

As LAWTON heads to his desk, DAYTON leaves to go find DOM.

Dayton: Dom.

DAYTON grabs DOM by the shoulder. DOM instinctively grabs Dayton's hand and flips him onto a desk.

Dayton: Gah! What's the deal man?

Dom: [realizes it's Dayton] Dayton? Oh, dude, I am so sorry!

DOM helps DAYTON get back up.

Dayton: Well, not the rudest way to wake someone up I guess... Where'd you even learn to do that?

Dom: Trust me on this one, you don't really want to know. It's too long of a story for right now.

Dayton: Well, could you at least tell me the "long story" of where you've been over the past few days?

Dom: I've actually just been spending some time with Natalia.

Dayton: She doesn't hate you anymore?

Dom: [sarcastic tone] Took a while, but I broke her down eventually.

Dayton: Well, I'm just glad you guys are on good terms. Seriously though, what happened last week? You said you were gonna help out, and then you just didn't show.

Dom: Something came up. Couldn't be helped. I'm sorry, I know I should've said something, I just got totally caught up with this other thing and--

Dayton: I'm not mad at you for not showing up Dom. I was just super worried about you. You were gone for 2 years, can you blame me for being a little worried?

Dom: Of course not, I should've told you. I forget how much you worry.

Dayton: With how long we've known each other, I kinda forget that we're not inseparable.