Episode 1x07: Concrete Measures

Velocity

Season 1

Episode 7

Opens with someone walking into Rocket City. A police car drives up to them.

Floyd: Sir, are you aware of the city curfew?

???: I am.

Floyd: Then might I ask what you're doing out after it?

???: I know that the people of this city need one of those IDs to leave their house in the morning, so I'm just gonna give you this. [shows Floyd his ID]

Floyd: You're...

???: Now then, we cool?

Floyd: Yes! Sorry! Forgive me sir! I didn't realize that you were with the--

???: Good. I'll be on my way then.

The visitor walks into Rocket City.

Floyd: Oh, Dom is so dead!

The next morning at the mayor's office, GARGAN is on the phone with someone.

Gargan: No, I wasn't aware of there being agents in the area.

Gargan's secretary comes into the office.

Secretary: Sir. Your one pm is here.

Gargan: ... I'm gonna need to call you back. [hangs up] Send him in.

DOM enters.

Gargan: Dom. How have you been? [holds out his hand]

Dom: Not bad, sir. [shakes Gargan's hand, wrapping him into a hug] Not bad at all.

Gargan: Don't call me sir, it makes me sound too uptight.

Dom: Well then what do you prefer?

Gargan: You always called me Vlad when you were younger.

Dom: Well then, Vlad, I was actually hoping we could talk about the Anti-Metahuman laws. Last time that we spoke on this topic, we ended up disagreeing.

Gargan: [laughs slightly] I remember when you were a little kid, and the only thing you wanted to do with your life was make a difference. You even went and picked fights with kids much bigger than you, bless your soul.

Dom: Really wish people didn't bring up "young Dom". He was kind of an idiot.

Gargan: That's how it seems to you, but I knew your heart was in the right place. I learned to carry extra ice packs in my lunch in case you stopped by the lab after school with a bruise or a black eye.

Dom: Speaking of the lab, I know you worked with my dad on the Particle Accelerator. Would you say that makes you feel responsible for the fact that there are some of them that don't exactly fit the hero's mantra?

Gargan: Don't take it personally, Dom. I understand your support of the Rocket City Vigilante and metahuman equality. I get it, truthfully, I do. And from certain angles, the Anti-Metahuman laws may seem ludicrous. But I think you also have to understand something.

Dom: Which is?

Gargan: We don't want another Blackstar Incident.

Dom: You know that was an accident, right? And that it was caused by human children as opposed to a purposeful attack by an adult?