Episode 1x10: The Book Of Redemption Chapter One: The Man With Two Faces

Velocity

Season 1

Episode 10

Opens by showing images of a few important moments from the episode. DOM posing with an explosion at his back, DOM talking with JENNIFER, DOM and JEFF shaking hands, and DOM and JEFF standing together against GAGE with his back to the camera.

Paris by Sabrina Carpenter begins playing in the background.

Text appears as the shot zooms in on a single, most important image of the episode. DOM and BLACK LIGHTNING standing together against GAGE with his back to the camera. The text reads "The Book Of Redemption: Chapter One", while the larger text under that reads: "The Man With Two Faces". The images disappear to show DOM and NATALIA are planning in their apartment.

Dom: There is one way we might be able to find Gage. But it's risky...

Natalia: What is it?

Dom: His name is Peter Gambi. He used to work for a government organization called the ASA on a project to create metahumans in Freeland. Unfortunately, he went off the grid a few years ago.

Natalia: Did you say Freeland and the ASA?

Dom: Yeah. Why?

Natalia: Because the ASA currently has the entire city held hostage. There's this reporter, Jamillah Olsen, that managed to get the truth outside the limits of the city. Not to mention that the city is surrounded by a barrier made completely out of potential energy. It's impossible to get inside.

Dom: The barrier is made of potential energy?

Natalia: That's right?

Dom: If I'm going at a high enough speed on my bike, I could use my powers to offset the barrier and sneak inside.

Natalia: That could work, but it's dangerous. You're gonna have to drive in, one-handed, at over 100mph. There's a high chance that you could die.

Dom: That's a risk I'll have to take.

Natalia: Dom, are you sure you wanna do this?

Dom: You know that I have to.

Natalia: I know. But do you want to do this? Gage may have killed someone and been a trash friend, but he's still a friend.

Dom: If I don't bring Gage down, nobody will. What I want doesn't matter right now.

Natalia: It should always matter.

Dom: I have to go. [walks to the closet]

Natalia: Dom?

DOM looks back.

Natalia: Don't die on me.

Dom: I won't.

Opens the closet, revealing his suit.

DOM is on his bike driving out to Freeland, approaching the Freeland barrier. The camera pans to the speedometer on DOM's bike, almost at 100mph. DOM raises his hand and uses his powers to disrupt the barrier. After a second, the front on his bike shoots to the left.