SIBLINGS IN PRAYER or SIMPLY KINDNESS

If you will pray with me, converse with me, or eat with me kindly than you are my sibling regardless of faith.  This is a private saying of mines.  One I began to say as I started to pray with different Muslims: Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya, etc. because I quickly saw prayer is prayer, a good meal is a good meal, and warm conversation is warm conversation regardless of sect such is shared with.  To be company in any of these three things is to show kindness to those you share your presence with.  For two Muslims to pray in a room together is Islamic.  For a Christian and a Muslim to pray in a room together is also Islamic.  The shell of the prayers might not be the same but their intent – their love for God is.

Again I shall share the following verses of the Quran: "And they give food, out of love for Him, to the poor and the orphan and the captive.  We feed you, for Allah's pleasure only – We desire from you neither reward nor thanks."  Surah 76 Al-Insan: The Man, Ayas 8 and 9.  In short: Love God for humanity, love humanity for God - humanity being friend and foe alike. 

Furthermore I shall share the following Hadith again: ""If you kill one person unjustly, it is as if you killed the whole of humanity, and if you saved one person, it as if you saved the whole of humanity." 

Basic common courtesy and human kindness are Islamic and of course you don't have to be a Muslim to give neither.  So one can be a Muslim but not Islamic and in turn one can be non-Muslim but Islamic.  Even if you and a Muslim friend never read a Quran or prayer together you can still be Islamic together by sharing a filling meal or warm conversation together.  Islam or for that manner any other religion - has no reason to be complicated.  All we got to do is be kind to one another.