Chapter 3

"Do you think she's a witch?" George asked Fred.

"Could be," Fred shrugged. "But, she seemed like a muggle,"

"It's the same a Harry, innit?" George said. "He didn't know that he was a wizard until Hagrid told him when he was eleven. Maybe it was kept from her too,"

The turned on the spot and with a light pop, vanished from the empty corner.

"But she should have gotten her letter from Hogwarts," Fred said once they were back outside the boundaries of the Burrow.

"Let's say they didn't send an owl back," George prompted. "And so Dumbledore thought she isn't coming to Hogwarts, but going elsewhere,"

"Could be," Fred said again. "Maybe she a muggleborn, and her parents didn't think she ought to go to Hogwarts when she got the letter and maybe never mentioned it to her,"

"Yes, seems like it, doesn't it?" George nodded as they climbed over the barrier and walked across the lawn towards the house. 

"But how didn't the Ministry notice the underage magic?"

"The Ministry if full of dimwitted prats," Fred said. "Last year, Harry had dementors, and four years back that house-elf almost got him expelled. Then Harry blew up his aunt— Why does Harry seem to have gotten almost expelled way more than us?" he said rather annoyed.

"Should've done more," George nodded. "Are we visiting them tomorrow?"

"Why?" Fred said smirking. "Taken a fancy to her, have you?"

"I don't see why not," George shrugged. "She's really pretty, and she likes my magic. She could also be a witch,"

"I see your point," Fred nodded. "Maybe take her out on a date,"

"Maybe I will," George said thoughtfully.

......................................................

"You scared them away?" Caroline said reprimanding.

"I didn't scare anyone away," Emma cried indignantly. "I just showed them a trick in exchange for their secret as to how they did it,"

"Why would you do that?" Caroline sighed. "You could've just watched their magic tricks,"

"I just wanted to find out," Emma said huffing as she rested her chin on her palm. "I wish they'll come tomorrow. I might just have something for them,"

"Why do you have to torment them?" Caroline said crossly, putting down the pile of papers she was holding.

"You don't think they'll have left, do you? We've never seen them, so maybe they are here just for Christmas," Emma said gazing at the empty street. "I hope not,"

"Do you like one of them?" Caroline asked, half wearily, half excited.

"I don't think so," Emma said truthfully. "But I wouldn't mind it, either. For now, I just want to know how he did it,"

"Is there any point in asking you to drop it?" Caroline said exasperatedly, as she picked up her papers again and arranged the stack.

"No," Emma answered simply.

...........................................................

"There you are," Emma said brightly as the twins entered the shop again.