Chapter 1 - A Rat's Nest

This chapter is dedicated to @jeeringduck because she is one of the most hilarious people I've ever met, she's also so sweet and supportive. 🤍 Also, check out her book 'One Lie at a Time', it's incredible. 

"Damion! Alex!" The blonde princess called as she ran towards her brothers.

The two princes turned when they heard their sister.

Finally reaching them, the princess asked, "Do you know why father called us?"

"I think it might have something to do with the ball," replied Damion, her oldest brother. She nodded in understanding.

As they walked towards their father's study, Alex, her other brother, turned to her.

 "Aurora, did you even brush your hair this morning? It looks like a rat's nest," he teased.

"Wha- of course I did!" she returned, a threatening glare in her blue eyes. Turning to her oldest brother, she said with a pout, "Does my hair really look that bad?"

"No, it looks lovely," replied Damion with a sweet smile.

Aurora threw a smirk at Alex, but he just rolled his eyes.

'Ugh, spoilt brat'

When they reached the study room, one of the guards went inside to announce their arrival to the king. When the guard came back out to where the siblings stood, he opened the big, double doors for them, showing them they had permission to enter.

When they walked in, they saw their father, sitting at his desk, going through a pile of paperwork. When he saw them, he quickly got up and walked towards the couch. He picked up a clipboard with a paper and pen attached to it, and handed it to Damion.

"Split the jobs among yourselves; one of you do the guest count," he gestured toward the clipboard, "The other two sort out the seating arrangements in the Banquet Hall."

"Yes, sir."

"Good. You can all leave now. Get to work."

************

As soon as the three siblings were out of hearing range of others, Alex shouted,

"Dibs on the seating arrangement with Damion!"

Hearing his name, Damion looked up from his phone, his sharp features turning into a grin as he realized what had happened.

"I- what- but-....?" Aurora stuttered.

'Oh, damn it! I should have called dibs first! I didn't realise fast enough.'

Alex stuck his tongue out playfully.

"He he, you should have said it first if you really wanted it," He taunted.

"Damion..." She begged with puppy eyes.

Damion laughed awkwardly.

"I....don't really want to be the one greeting every single guest, either. Sorry, Aurora."

Aurora sighed, defeated.

"Fine, but I won't do anything you say for the next two days," she said as she took the clipboard and pen from Damion, "Hmph."

She stomped to the entry gates, leaving the two brothers laughing at her pettiness.

  ---------

Soo...what did you think of the first chapter?
I'm so excited to hear your thoughts on it.

Random rant time!
If you have something to rant about, you can do it right here! 😁

So for me, tomorrow is my mum's birthday, and I got her a present but I'm not sure if she'll like it. Its stressing me out ughh.

Anyways, I will see you humans next week, meanwhile......be good.

Vote, comment, and share! ☆