T H I R T E E N

I woke up and felt empty, like nothing would ever be right in the world. I got up and walked over to my closet and chose this outfit.

 I got up and walked over to my closet and chose this outfit

I paired it with short black boots with a chunky heel. I felt like exploring the castle today so I grabbed my wand and left my dorm. 

--

I got to the common room and saw Ian sitting with Bexley. I walk over and sit down next to Ian.

"Hello." I say.

"Hey Ivy, how are you today?" Bexley asks.

"I'm okay, better now." I reply.

"That is good to hear. Me and Ian were talking about our plans for Christmas break." Bexley says.

"I am definitely not going to the Malfoy's. I will probably just go stay at a hotel in London so I can explore and do some other stuff." I say.

"You know you can always come to my house Ivy. My parents have been dying to see you." Ian says.

"I will think about it." I giggle.

"I feel like exploring the castle today, wanna come with me?" I ask.

"Sure." They both say.

--

We leave the common room and start walking down the hallway.

"So any juicy news?" Bexley asks.

"Nope. None at all." I say.

"Same here." Ian says.

"I'm sure there will be some soon. There is never a day where there isn't any good news." Bexley says.

"I need to stop in the Potions classroom real quick. I left my jacket there in class the other day." 

"Okay, lets go." Bexley says.

--

We made it to the Potions classroom and I walk in and see Dumbledore and Snape talking. 

"Oh sorry, well be leaving." 

"No, stay. I need to talk to you Ivy." Dumbledore says.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Well, you'll be shocked. Your brother left the school. We tried to bring him back but he refused. We decided to not bother him anymore and let him live his own life." Dumbledore says.

"Wait, really?" I say in shock. "I'm honestly not surprised. He didn't like being magical. He wanted a normal life. He'll be better off without this." I say.

"Thank you for your honesty Ms Doxon. Now, you must be on your way." Dumbledore says.

"Okay, thank you professor." I grab my jacket and walk out of the classroom.