Prologue: Royal Ashes 2040

At some point after two years of this non-stop battle, I have always chosen to try and make things, simple. I liked to see this place, our land as a once remembered world, thanks to the unique resources we would provide. Yet no matter how much the people before me tried, a curse was discovered having this land's fate sealed, to be forgotten by the rest of the world. 

Didn't stop a group called The Covenant from becoming so desperate that they would seek to harness these dark and unnatural forces that plagued our land, buried deep for centuries. They truly believed that their discoveries would ensure that they are remembered by the world. However, I like to believe deep down, that none of them could have truly imagined just what else their research would unleash. 

Dormant beings rose from the ashes of history, seemly forgotten. Now it was their turn to be remembered. And in no time at all, Those dominant beings became the new inhabitants of our land, leaving the rest of us to hide in our own ashes. Us survivors like to refer to this as Great Terror.

After eventually somehow, getting a footing in society once more, two groups were formed by the founders who help bring a somewhat society back. The Resistance fighters who sought to be remembered by democracy, and Devastator's Legion of Devastation who wishes to remain forgotten underneath the ashes. Both sides would have the unwitting young be tested and trialed for a place in the Founders' ranks. 

Those special enough might even become legendary signet warriors. A special rank unlike a commander or a mere soldier is only formed of the strongest, to be a symbol of hope among champions of their squadron. These soldiers would sport a signet of their trial, bared within their armor to show for it. The Resistance Fighters only ever has four. While Devastator has only two that he calls by the left and right hand.  

Both sides tried using The Covenant's leftover discoveries to put the odds in their favor. That's at least all of what my signet warrior told me. Yet in the end, the cycle seems to remain at an agonizing standstill. Causing much pain for people on both sides.  Considering my signet warrior story one last time, are we really any different from the ones we fought so hard against?